• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Thames Bass 29th September

Bass&Chips

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Having dug some prime king rag the day before it was a good forecast to get out yesterday and look for some autumn Bass and soles.

Well it didn't start well with triple shots of whiting and waves of dogfish devouring my lovely rag baits. A change of plan was called for. Fortunately I'd also brought along a pack of fresh frozen mackerel caught a few days ago. So off with the shoal stopper rig and on with a single 7/0 owner flowing trace armed with a mackerel head.

Because we only had 4 mackerel between the two of us it was 2 heads each. The first cast was made and I was pleased to see it being left alone by the small fish and after about 10mins a 5lb bass popped up. That's tea sorted I thought as I baited up with my last head.

This bait had another good soak before I noticed a tiny drop back which retightened in the tide and then did it again. I thought that looks like a dogfish I'd better reel in and try and save the head. However it soon became clear this was a much better fish and after a great scrap my second bass of the session hit the deck at just under 8lb.

That was that, I did miss another crashing take on a chunk of mackerel but no more bass showed.

And according to the daily mirror my boats the ultimate sea view winner in 2022! Strange times indeed.

IMG_3414.JPGSROR5193.JPG

Well done B&C! Lovely Bass and the boat photo looks great!

Back