• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West The jetty

Phis

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Right just a quick one, fished the usual bay with the usual frozen bait on a wessex rig with 4/0 hooks ended up with 2 dogs 4 whiting a plaice and a thornback ray. The ray came in with the biggest whiting of the day which gave me a workout lifting them up the wall 😀 conditions were as expected and not as the forecast, a stiff breeze with some strong gusts and mid afternoon a very heavy downpour. The water was heavily coloured. I wasn't the only loon out today 😂20221030_132052.jpg20221030_141834.jpg20221030_143520.jpg

Well done, good effort considering the conditions. You got the three that I thought were a stick on, thornie, doggie, whiting. The plaice wasn't on the maybe list either.

Nothing nicer than a fish fresh for the water. I have eaten plaice and thornback ray that I have caught and really enjoyed them. I cannot help myself I immediately look upon a caught fish with the question can it be eaten? :ROFLMAO: I think it is just the hunters instinct ?

Back