• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West The long walk

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Decided to head to our secret spot yesterday me and me mate were joined by another lad who I haven’t fished with before but he was keen to ave a session with us we got down the mark around 1 high was at 7 perfect conditions for plaice flat calm clear water no wind and over cast perfect 👍 I fished two bar rigs one at 80 yards one at 50 east to overcast the fish here I orso had my afaw bass pro for anything else i fancied doing . Started off slow so just kept changing the baits every 20 mins and sent Bert swimming talking of which my mate hit the jackpot as a top heavy lovelie decide to topless sunbath right next to him he was very happy 😁anyhoo first fish fell to me the bar rig registered a decent rattle and arfter a short scrap I landed a small school bass around a 1 lb happy with that first fish of the year I then noticed hundreds of gulls working right out in the bay the lads thought it was mackreal but it was a huge shoals of bass you chould see there backs riseing out of the water but to far to cast too a a huge bite on the bar rig again resulted in another bass for me around the 3lb 8 mark whould have been a keeper but a missing eye and lethargic fight made me think he’d be better realised so he was I noticed the birds where starting to work closer too shore now so I chucked a 75 gem Dexter on my bass rod incase they come closer. With that a huge pod of dolphins came tru around a 1000 yards out putting on a magnificent show strangely they didn’t get involved with the huge bait ball that had been going on and off for a few hrs now but simply went tru must have fed up already . While talking shit with the beys I noticed a few gulls working a bass swirling about 50 yards out to my right I grabbed the bass rod cast out over the top of the shoal and bang bass on lovely fight rewarded me with a nice little bass of a round a1 lb 6 I let him go and proceeded to watch the new lad cast multiple times with the Dexter to no avail lol got to be quick in this game poppet I told him laughing 😂 I went back to chaseing plaice but they where not haveing it wether it was the small poor worm I’d bought or the fact this was a bad year for them I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️ my mate then had a dog so he was off the mark and I set up my go to bass rig with a small joey as bait flicked it out 5 or 6 yards and left it 10 mins later I herd drag running looked up to see the bass rod arched over and arfter a decent scrap a lovely 4 lber was at my feet he was destined for the table 😋 the new lad then had a nice plaice around a 1 lb and my mate had the tinyest se ray I’d ever seen lucky it didn’t blow away lol a decent bite on my distance rod had me convinced I hooked a hound but was greeted with a feisty as feck dogfish 🤷🏻‍♂️then that was it we packed up and made and made our way back stopping more times than I usually do as I’m getting old and felt rough as feck . Good day tho altho a bit gutted we didn’t bag up on spotties some better worm and later tide should hopefully see better bags but nice to be back into the bass 👍👍👍👍cheers ma butes EF38057A-4EB8-48FD-8C66-A9F2505A2E46.jpegEBCE46FB-1E0D-4FE9-86A8-1568DFB9CA01.jpegE4B09699-FB32-43DD-AFD0-6A3400F5953C.jpegE45C506F-B235-4EED-83A7-60597A016EBE.jpeg920D8DCE-C0C9-44F0-B9F0-BFA0BA5B566E.jpeg8C263F51-88C7-4CC3-97AF-852AB9D54737.jpeg

Brilliant report & photos Tats! Nice Bass, and sounds like a good session! 🎣🎣👍👍

No photos of the top heavy topless wonder? Slacking Bey! 😂😂

Decided to head to our secret spot yesterday me and me mate were joined by another lad who I haven’t fished with before but he was keen to ave a session with us we got down the mark around 1 high was at 7 perfect conditions for plaice flat calm clear water no wind and over cast perfect 👍 I fished two bar rigs one at 80 yards one at 50 east to overcast the fish here I orso had my afaw bass pro for anything else i fancied doing . Started off slow so just kept changing the baits every 20 mins and sent Bert swimming talking of which my mate hit the jackpot as a top heavy lovelie decide to topless sunbath right next to him he was very happy 😁anyhoo first fish fell to me the bar rig registered a decent rattle and arfter a short scrap I landed a small school bass around a 1 lb happy with that first fish of the year I then noticed hundreds of gulls working right out in the bay the lads thought it was mackreal but it was a huge shoals of bass you chould see there backs riseing out of the water but to far to cast too a a huge bite on the bar rig again resulted in another bass for me around the 3lb 8 mark whould have been a keeper but a missing eye and lethargic fight made me think he’d be better realised so he was I noticed the birds where starting to work closer too shore now so I chucked a 75 gem Dexter on my bass rod incase they come closer. With that a huge pod of dolphins came tru around a 1000 yards out putting on a magnificent show strangely they didn’t get involved with the huge bait ball that had been going on and off for a few hrs now but simply went tru must have fed up already . While talking shit with the beys I noticed a few gulls working a bass swirling about 50 yards out to my right I grabbed the bass rod cast out over the top of the shoal and bang bass on lovely fight rewarded me with a nice little bass of a round a1 lb 6 I let him go and proceeded to watch the new lad cast multiple times with the Dexter to no avail lol got to be quick in this game poppet I told him laughing 😂 I went back to chaseing plaice but they where not haveing it wether it was the small poor worm I’d bought or the fact this was a bad year for them I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️ my mate then had a dog so he was off the mark and I set up my go to bass rig with a small joey as bait flicked it out 5 or 6 yards and left it 10 mins later I herd drag running looked up to see the bass rod arched over and arfter a decent scrap a lovely 4 lber was at my feet he was destined for the table 😋 the new lad then had a nice plaice around a 1 lb and my mate had the tinyest se ray I’d ever seen lucky it didn’t blow away lol a decent bite on my distance rod had me convinced I hooked a hound but was greeted with a feisty as feck dogfish 🤷🏻‍♂️then that was it we packed up and made and made our way back stopping more times than I usually do as I’m getting old and felt rough as feck . Good day tho altho a bit gutted we didn’t bag up on spotties some better worm and later tide should hopefully see better bags but nice to be back into the bass 👍👍👍👍cheers ma butes View attachment 46594View attachment 46595View attachment 46596View attachment 46597View attachment 46598View attachment 46599
Sod the fish where’s the picture of the top heavy lass.??🙄

cheers ma butes
Cracking report as usual,nice pics.Was in Spoons at your place Sun 4th June for a meal.Know you don't rate it but the Mixed Grill was bootiful.Didn't bring any fishing gear down with me,the missus had just been discharged from hospital and I wasn't up to lumping the gear around mores the shame.

Last edited:
Super stuff mate. Long walks in this weather aint easy, but it looks like you had some rewards. Good going.

Cracking report as usual,nice pics.Was in Spoons at your place Sun 4th June for a meal.Know you don't rate it but the Mixed Grill was bootiful.Didn't bring any fishing gear down with me,the missus had just been discharged from hospital and I wasn't up to lumping the gear around mores the shame.
Mate I had rugh guts after 2 pints of haze there on Friday bloody place cheep as fecktho 👍

Secret mark my arse Tats, i know exactly where that mark is, but i wont tell... :D Great report mate, and some lovely fish, nice pics too.🎣🎣

Ian.

Back