• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Thursday night catch report

John Mitchell

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
this is my first catch report since I been on here , not much to report except I went Thursday night instead of Friday night .
anyway I stayed local still fishing by myself ( no bananas ? ) .
so I got myself £20 of worm to feed the crabs lol , so I caught about 12 or so pout not counting these as who counts numbers of pout caught.
And I caught my target fish one bass , normally at this Mark I would get loads on worm ,511F16F6-E2D1-429F-A262-FE7AC7395606.jpeg8B737826-8FBA-470A-B7C6-CA931F2418CE.jpeg

Well done John on getting your target, looks like a fair size pout though.

Shame you had no bananas , sure the next time you will have bananas or just gone bananas

Tight lines mate

Well done John on getting your target, looks like a fair size pout though.

Shame you had no bananas , sure the next time you will have bananas or just gone bananas

Tight lines mate
The pout were big chunky ones , no bananas for a few more weeks yet , he is taking it easy .

Nice one John. There are a lot of people feeding crabs, pout and ting at the minute so well done on the bass.

Do you ever keep the bigger pout? I like to shallow fry the fillets in bread crumbs ?

Last edited:
Nice one John. There are a lot of people feeding crabs, pout and ting at the minute so well done on the bass.

Do you ever keep the bigger pout? I like to shallow fry the fillets in breas crumbs ?
No I am not to keen on pout , but I might try that this winter with a nice big chunky one , baits were only lasting 5 minutes last night .

Well done on the Bass, I know what you mean about Pout's and whiting and dogs come to that, but match fishing has opened my mind to them. Pouts mean prizes!

Nice report John - at least you got your one Bass again! Similar venue?

Well done John, on making the bait last as long as it did:ROFLMAO:, oh and on all the pout and the bass, very odd you only had 1 there, usually your hauling them in.

Well done jhon bey no wonder there’s a shortage of worm with you about ?lol need a road trip soon you gonna show me the delights of bee sands or slapton soon or wot ma Bute ?

Well done jhon bey no wonder there’s a shortage of worm with you about ?lol need a road trip soon you gonna show me the delights of bee sands or slapton soon or wot ma Bute ?
See what the weather and tides are like for next Friday eve if you fancy it see if we can get a few of the lads together again , for a social distance meet . ie no shaking hands or hugging

Back