• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Tonight's destination

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Went down my local beach this morning to have a look at the holes and gullies for tonight's session this will be the spot I'm at tonight just to the right of the white water there seems to be quite a big gulliy there watched it for 15 mins no white water coming over it so it's quite deep and hopefully holding fish. I'll be armed with fresh yellas which I've been looking after in my bucket for the last 3-4 weeks cart wings and mussle. I'll put a report up later on tonight I'm going down at 8.30pm low at 10.25 I'll be washed off around 00.30. Here's hoping?IMG_20210129_103719.jpg

Well I've just had a drive down to the beach tops and it's to heavy for that mark waves washing well over the sand bar I normally stand on so the wash at low water would be a nightmare. So it's looking like a high water shot maybe the twin steps about 2am and fish the tide up. A lot safer than the beach but if the sea drops off over the weekend I'll be down crimdon. I'll put a report up tomorrow where I went and how I got on?

was lifting quickly ill be down myself over the weekend at some point be taking a look first see whereabouts looks best
Good luck stevie ?
I had a drive down the prom this morning at low water I was surprised just how much sand has been washed away on the front there was rocks allover the place you'd be thankful just to get a setup back. Never mingd a fish lol

Just got in half an hour ago had a coffee before this. I ended up on Middleton pier got there around 9.30pm. A few lads on there had a couple of codling around 3lb. Great I thought to myself I'm gonna get something half decent. How wrong I was there was a cracking sea running straight onto the end of the pier lovely movement lazy swells and the odd white topped wave the wind was quite strong easterly. 1st cast I pulled a little tommy in about 10 inches long he went back to fight another day after that nothing for me. The other lads had a few more out biggest was around 5 1/2lb.they left at 3am 2 more lads came on for high water at 04.30am 1 caught a crab the other a 5 bearded rockling I got a whiting then a crab. The wind started getting stronger by 05.30 rod tips bouncing all over so decided to rap in at 6am.i didn't get any pics as my hands were freezing that's with the hand warmers as well. Just not my night but I'll be back out tonight if the winds not to strong, at one point I thought it was going to throw the lead back at me. Can't win em all. Off to bed now I need beauty sleep and lots of it.

Yeah was a tough one. I've never had much luck on Middleton peir but my day will come on there lol.

can eat a full jar of them ? especially the little sweet one's ? & then have a pickled egg ?
In between a couple of slices of bread & curry sauce.

Back