• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast torture by 'tings

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
21.11.21. abbotsbury, teeth.

fished dusk till dawn,
high tide about 7pm. waneing moon, big n bright in clear skys . wind northerly and strengthening.. sea was flat and clear.

20211121_163316[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

baits. squid, black lug , a little cuttle, a little launce, found a hermit crab. & several random chunks of whiteing. plus a handfull of blo lug passsed to me by an angler leaving the beach.

rigs, didnt really matter but up n overs/ tronix bait capsule.

i started fishing with the sun setting, once set first bite yealded a 'ting of 1lb 10 ish the whiteing were relentless till the moon rose then they slackened off a bit.
it felt good to be catching some sizable tasty fish (but not for long). as per usual all baits were successfull apart from whole 'ting either live of dead.

twice there was a little excitement when both rigs washed together giving me something heavier to pump in . one of which included a catch of a small pouty/poorcod type beast which had been mullered beyond firm identification. no more pics, you know what tings look like .
took half a doz for tea.

Good going Gordon. I actually like catching ting but we don’t see the quantity or quality you do on the south coast.
What was your biggest, the 1lb 10?

Good going Gordon. I actually like catching ting but we don’t see the quantity or quality you do on the south coast.
What was your biggest, the 1lb 10?
yes, it was the first and biggest of the bunch, have seen the report of a recent match where top anglers landed 50lb + bags,

Great report and pics mate
I had the same on saturday. Got there about 2ish, a whiting a chuck sometime triple shots on a pennel lol. Used a big whiting as bait at 10 yards hoping for a conger….. Caught a whiting lol

Last edited:
Well done gee the Bexington tings have been have been thined out on sat but like F said don’t mind the bigguns plenty of 2 lb + come in sat

Nice report and photo GJ! ??

Well done on the biggy one, nice bit a tea that one, interesting about them thinning out a bit when the moon came up.
back in the day when i could pick my tides, i'd look for moon rise/set, time tide turns, and dusk and dawn. when 2 or all coincided, these i would target. - weather it did any good was debateable, but i thought at the time it did.

Back