• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Tradition started

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well after picking custard and her mother up from her aunty's house at 7pm I finally got out at 7.30pm I couldn't fish my local beaches as the sea was a bit to heavy for my liking so headed to Hartlepool on the Middleton peir. I thought I would be the only person on there but there was another lad there had the same idea as me shoit TV go fishing. He just had his 1st cast. I set up rag worm tipped with squid and out it went.
5mins later a little flounder oh dear great start. Then 10mins into my second cast a whiting just sized back he went. It was like that for most of the night. The other lad left at 10.30 he had 3 whiting. I stayed till 00.30 had enough. I thought there might of been a few codling about but I was wrong it was quite calm in the bay. My total tally 3 flounders and 9 whiting all returned safely apart from 1 the biggest just weighed it 1 1/2b biggest one I've had this year well whiting that is. Going to give. My local beach a go tomorrow /today as the sea seems to be dropping off a bit hopefully I'll catch Jimmy dick ( that's mobys big brother). I'll let you all know how that one goes ?here's a pic of the one I kept. IMG_20201226_010702.jpg

I usually give big whitings to the dogs. Me and custard not keen on them we tried whiting in a variety of ways from steaming to fish cakes.

Thanks for the report and picture, well done getting out and catching a few fish.

Nice report! And decent whiting...pan sized certainly.
Good luck for tomorrow.

Back