• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Travel 4 or 6 section beach casting rod

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Any one of you can recommend a travel beach casting rod up to 6ozs. I have had a look at Tronix and Akios but would like your views on these and any other rods.
Thanks (y)
Beach

If you could find an old Fox Trek Travel beachcaster 11' 6" 4-6 ozs, I think that would be a good choice.

Of course I do have one, I left it in Deal with relatives but brought it back with me after my last visit!

These are heavy rods for their length but cast very well. Better than the Shimano travel beachcaster I owned, that was clumsy and cast poorly.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thought you said I could have the Grip-Loks..:rolleyes:

Only joking..;)

Ian.

Just found these 6 piece 4 to 8oz.No idea what they're like.
"Bison beach rod is very well made and is finished beautifully. Not used yet but doesn't half look the part. Delivered next day. Thanks."

This was taken from the sellers Feedback page.

That Bison rod looks identical to the Fox Trek Travel beachcaster I mentioned earlier! Apart from the casting weight anyway.

Maybe out of the same factory?

I have a pair of these,13'6" in length,no longer available I'm afraid.All Fuji guides with ABU Griplock reel fitting.Suited to multiplier use, ideal for you.

View attachment 58818
It would be ideal if it was still available. Shame or what? :unsure:

Ended up buying an Akios 6 section beach caster.
Think I would have gone for the Tronixpro Xenon with Fuji K guides and Tronixpro sliding reel seat.

Last edited:
Think I would have gone for the Tronixpro Xenon with Fuji guides and Tronix sliding reel seat.
As they say, you makes your choice and live with it.:unsure:

Not what your after, but ive got a trip planed and been looking for a quality travel rod (Century unfortunately dont make one at this time ☹️) and have a Samson Todos Travel coming...6 piece 12ft 30-100g lure rod....looks a nice bit of kit.

I'll update once ive used it a bit...if its of interest to anyone?

Not what your after, but ive got a trip planed and been looking for a quality travel rod (Century unfortunately dont make one at this time ☹️) and have a Samson Todos Travel coming...6 piece 12ft 30-100g lure rod....looks a nice bit of kit.

I'll update once ive used it a bit...if its of interest to anyone?
I have a 6 section 50 - 170g 12ft shore rod and need to give it a whirl with my new Tronix multi ireel.

If you could find an old Fox Trek Travel beachcaster 11' 6" 4-6 ozs, I think that would be a good choice.

Of course I do have one, I left it in Deal with relatives but brought it back with me after my last visit!

These are heavy rods for their length but cast very well. Better than the Shimano travel beachcaster I owned, that was clumsy and cast poorly.
Awesome rods, I love mine. Took it to Tenerife last year and landed some good fish to around 40lbs on it. I’ve got the Shakespeare Salt version of it, but it’s softer.

Back