• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Travel to Fish

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
How far are peeps going to travel to fish before the next lockdown?

Hiya Beach,
I'll be staying as local as i can- my nearest 2 marks are Blackpool or the river Mersey, both are a 30 to 40 minute drive away.
Rick?

Hiya Beach,
I'll be staying as local as i can- my nearest 2 marks are Blackpool or the river Mersey, both are a 30 to 40 minute drive away.
Rick?
Subject to tides/weather etc, I will be going to either Shoreham Beach (40mins) or Seaford (45mins). Will wait until the school kids go back when it is a little quieter.

Wherever I guess.

But in reality that will be ‘up channel’ about 1.5 hours or to chesil or Portland, just under two hours.

If/when I go further afield. No immediate plans but probably within the next month I guess...

As far as I like.

When all the numbnuts that ignore the rules and covid cases increase yet again.

Surely if you wear your mask, 'socially distance' and get your injections you will be safe ?

Won't you ?

Surely if you wear your mask, 'socially distance' and get your injections you will be safe ?

Won't you ?
I have had both jabs and socially distance. I wear my mask when go into chemist, shop, however there are still idiots about who don't comply so that's why it is still spreading.
My misses went to hospital by private transport from home (Sussex) to Harley St for her open heart operation tomorrow. Pleased it is a private hospital.

I have had both jabs and socially distance. I wear my mask when go into chemist, shop, however there are still idiots about who don't comply so that's why it is still spreading.
My misses went to hospital by private transport from home (Sussex) to Harley St for her open heart operation tomorrow. Pleased it is a private hospital.

I don't wear a mask because I have COPD and very reduced lung capacity, I assume you think me an idiot for daring to breathe freely ?

Lots of people have lung diseases, it is not obvious who does and who doesn't.

Why worry about it spreading ? It's almost as if you think all those things don't protect people.

Wish her all the best and a speedy recovery. ?

I don't wear a mask because I have COPD and very reduced lung capacity, I assume you think me an idiot for daring to breathe freely ?

Lots of people have lung diseases, it is not obvious who does and who doesn't.

Why worry about it spreading ? It's almost as if you think all those things don't protect people.
If you have had jab and protect yourself, you are only going to get it on contact or from others.

They do protect people if all and everything is used correctly, o_Ootherwise how and why are numbers of infection coming down.

I have no problems with those who medically are unable to wear a mask, as long as the keep to the other rules.

They do protect people if all and everything is used correctly, o_Ootherwise how and why are numbers of infection coming down.
Well it might be because it's a seasonal respiratory disease that fades away in the early spring, just as it has for millenia.

Take SARS CoV1, Spanish Flu, swine flu and seasonal flu as examples.

Then look at the data for the numbers of infections and actual illnesses over last summer.

Will it come back next year?
Yes, probably, but much weaker and become an endemic disease nowhere near as dangerous as it is purported to be at the moment, (by some).

Time and data will tell as I've said before.

Back