• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Trio 3 Hartlepool

The Third Earl

Reaction score
Just heard that the Skipper Dave is retiring, boat sold and going to Weymouth .

Sad day , have had some belting days out with Dave .

Best wishes to him , and can anybody suggest a good Charter boat in the area ?
Need bookings for 2024.

Dave

Need bookings for 2024.

Dave
Not good news Dave. Way to far North for me to offer any advice I'm afraid.

Need bookings for 2024.

Dave

boat got a nosebleed when it went from langstone to hartlepool in the frst place

shes nearly going home :)

boat got a nosebleed when it went from langstone to hartlepool in the frst place

shes nearly going home :)

She arrived in Hartlepool after a sojourn up in the Orkneys as far as I know, may have been the Shetlands, she was used as a seagoing camera mount,a camera crew used it to film something, not sure what . She still has the fittings on the top of the wheelhouse .

Dave

She arrived in Hartlepool after a sojourn up in the Orkneys as far as I know, may have been the Shetlands, she was used as a seagoing camera mount,a camera crew used it to film something, not sure what . She still has the fittings on the top of the wheelhouse .

Dave

could be mixed up dave
fished on trio trio 11 both out of langstone
could be wrong, but im sure he moved up to a cat at the end, then sold up quite quickly?
skipper was called bumble, really nice guy!

just searched fb, his old page from 2014 ( dead page now ) still there, same boat :)

Intro​

Trio III Fishing and Charters is a company running from Northney Marina, Hayling Island.
Trio III is
1698327148839.jpeg

Whoever has got it now has a nice vessel, its like an aircraft flight deck , more computers and screens than you can shake a stick at , plenty of seating as well .

Dave
All his boats previously sang n danced mate
Trio , the original , could
Drop the anchor on a pin head , top tech in it’s day
Needed it in the Solent n nab grounds as fish ran some
Tiny gully’s and channels, and the offshore banks needed precision

Already looked there TD, there are actually more than that, most are what I would call
“Plodders”. Where half the day is taken just getting somewhere . I am sure the skippers are OK but I dont want to pay just for a boat trip .
I suppose I could look out of Whitby but tbh in the past I had a few run ins with a couple of their skippers for several reasons.

I think there are a few new skippers there now so maybe things have changed .

Dave

TD, Many thanks for the above 👍.

I am well versed in the art of sorting out a days chartering, having been doing it for our club for the last 30 plus years,locally and nationally, from Weymouth to Orkney, Liverpool to Whitby and all points around.
I was actually wanting /hoping for some recommendations for charter boats. CBUK is not a bad site, I have used it quite a bit ,but it is up to the actual skippers to keep their ads up to date.
Lots dont .
Personal recomendations are a lot better than a possibly exaggerated write up from a skipper,/skippers best mate , it happens, as we all know.

Dave

Last edited:
CBUK is not a bad site, but it is up to the actual skippers to keep their ads up to date.
Lots dont .
Very true. Google are still listing Trio III at the top of their listings.

1698413107896.png

It's only when you go to CBUK, it tells you:

TRIO lll skippered by David Lumley is no longer listed on this website.​

All his boats previously sang n danced mate
Trio , the original , could
Drop the anchor on a pin head , top tech in it’s day
Needed it in the Solent n nab grounds as fish ran some
Tiny gully’s and channels, and the offshore banks needed precision
Trio the original was a Lochin 33 skippered by Roy Smith in Langstone harbour. i fished with Leroy as he was known from when he had his first charter boat which i think was a Mitchel 31 back in the late 80's early 90's. He upgraded to the Lochin and we fished with him for the next 20 years or so until he sold it to Bumble. Bumble had it for a few years then he upgraded to the South cat but by then we had switched to Valkyrie skippered by Glen Cairns. Unfortunately Bumble passed away and his boat i think went to John Keggie in Shetland before ending up in Hartlepool.

Back