• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Highlands Trip out..

flappy

Reaction score
..about three weeks ago I managed to get out for a few hours on the beach..
I didn't have any fresh bait..just mackerel that must have been two years old and had been frozen and defrosted at least ten times..and some squid that was about the same.
IMG-20210418-WA0005.jpgl did remember the fork so I was going to try lug for the first time as a standby.
Arrived at the beach and it was blowing well but sunny..onshore wind...low tide .
IMG-20210418-WA0004.jpg
Basically had the same as usual..someone's greedy Labrador tried to eat skanky mackerel off the bait board...as usual I smacked it across the chops..and as usual the owner had a go at me..and as usual I explained that the bait had hooks in..and I was trying to protect their dog from injury..they grumbled..and didn't even thank me.
Maddies dug and lashed on..mackerel on the other rig...then waited.
Basically had the one fish ..and no other bites...
IMG-20210418-WA0007.jpg
It wasn't much of a fish..but it saved the blank..and guess what bait..yup..the skanky mackerel...so soft that lumps of it were flying off during the casts.
Not a touch on the yummy lug.
IMG-20210418-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210418-WA0002.jpg
See ya.

Tidy job!a flatty is always welcome! Half the dogs here would've got a bullet back in the day! BleDdy owners at fault!

nice report the water looks lovely n blue there

Back