• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Trip to Weymouth

Si-fly

Reaction score
Ah this wind has been such a pain locally, I got on the phone and ordered some worm down Weymouth!..... Tiddlers were the target.... hopefully a Baillons wrasse, Gilthead bream, black bream ...and maybe a scad if I stayed till dark.
I fished the piers, harbour for the afternoon and evening, it was windy 🤔....and wet at times, but it didn't dampen the fishing which was manic until it got dark!
So many fish it was hard work!....every cast was basically a bite within a few seconds.
So many, pout, yting, poorcod, a few Pollack, Bass, Corkwings, Ballans, Goldsinnys, Tompots, Rock gobys, a Sand goby and lots of the target Baillons and Gilthead bream 😁
I'm pretty sure I also lost a few Black bream which fell off 😢....I also dropped a couple of macky on lures.
A smashing day, and 3 more for my hunt ....cheers 👍PXL_20230731_150641471~2_NB6W1T3826.jpegPXL_20230731_191956611~5_e6woqz0Z9S.jpegPXL_20230731_130647448~2_w7dvt1Qa4i.jpegPXL_20230731_134258964~2_l2ZmTC7U3U.jpegPXL_20230731_143525316~2_yiEdWJoj6c.jpegPXL_20230731_172546333~2_E2Bd9uly9J.jpeg

Well done Si, keep em coming mate.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Well done Si! Great report & photos as always, and nice to boost the Species hunt. 🎣🎣👍👍

Ah this wind has been such a pain locally, I got on the phone and ordered some worm down Weymouth!..... Tiddlers were the target.... hopefully a Baillons wrasse, Gilthead bream, black bream ...and maybe a scad if I stayed till dark.
I fished the piers, harbour for the afternoon and evening, it was windy 🤔....and wet at times, but it didn't dampen the fishing which was manic until it got dark!
So many fish it was hard work!....every cast was basically a bite within a few seconds.
So many, pout, yting, poorcod, a few Pollack, Bass, Corkwings, Ballans, Goldsinnys, Tompots, Rock gobys, a Sand goby and lots of the target Baillons and Gilthead bream 😁
I'm pretty sure I also lost a few Black bream which fell off 😢....I also dropped a couple of macky on lures.
A smashing day, and 3 more for my hunt ....cheers 👍View attachment 49101View attachment 49102View attachment 49103View attachment 49104View attachment 49105View attachment 49106
Loads of nice bait there Si, bass trip soon?. :)

Loads of nice bait there Si, bass trip soon?. :)
Indeed 😁.....I did get a number of follows bringing in yting, from both bass and macky Pete....also lost something early on that took a yting on a 2nd rod whacked out off pleasure pier...bass or Pollack I'm guessing?

Cheers lads, always fun the LRF stuff, hunting a particular species makes things a bit more of a challenge, and a change from the big rods when things are slow, or weather is poor 👍

My last visits there have been quiet so good it is picking up. Well done on ANOTHER three!
Ah cheers, so many fish!, I fished 3 spots and fish a chuck on all of them....well worth another trip ....I did see a couple scad and macky to float tactics, along with a couple of plaice on bottom rods, from other anglers.

Back