• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Tripod nets?

Are these any good for stopping the tripod blowing over in the wind?

Had both my rods and tripod blow over into the drink today submerging my reels. Needless to say it was not a good day.
More for keeping bits an pieces in really, better off hanging a bag of stones/shingle or bucket of water from the hook that a lot of Tripods have these days.

Ian.

Last edited:

Had both my rods and tripod blow over into the drink today submerging my reels. Needless to say it was not a good day.
I would have thought they would add to the likelihood of your tripod going over.
Were you on sand?

Maybe a bit of a faff, but 6 inch square of ply, cord through middle of ply, bury ply below tripod and tie cord to tripod?
I use that method to tie down my big brolly but to be fair I am not really moving it. You may well be moving up/down with tide.

I use the Leeda Icon one, it’s the mesh version not the solid one so allows wind through. Can’t say it stabilises the rest but in the 18months of using one I can’t recall the rest going over either.

Back