• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Two short sessions, one east, one west Chesil.

squidword

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
First session was to target plaice and sole. Set up 2 hours after low, 3 hook clip downs loaded with fresh blacks, were sent to the horizon. Just finished tightening up my second rod and both lines fell slack on the shingle. A double shot of plaice on both rods. This continued for a couple of hours, with over 20 plaice coming in, all as double shots. The tide picked up and thoughts turned to sole, unfortunately the fishing totally died and after a bite less hour or so packed up. The second session was at the East end of Chesil to target a cod. First cast and before I can get my second rod out, the line falls slack and a nice 5lb codling is soon on the beach. Plenty of bream followed, mainly small, but 3 around the 1lb4 to 1lb6oz mark. Just as the tide reached high, another slack line bite resulted in another codling, slightly smaller, with a bream on the other hook. Then it was time to pack up before darkness would bring all the nuisance fish out. IMG_20230913_172044.jpgIMG_20230913_165537.jpgIMG_20230913_165511.jpgIMG_20230915_160024.jpgIMG_20230915_191049.jpg

That's good Eating thou they Feeding up Ready for Winter I'm hopeful they Still be around beginning of October when I'm Down for A Week 👍

Great report mate, some nice fish, top dangling...Lovely pics too... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Great report & Photos Squiddy! Some lovely Plaice there and a 5Lb Coddie is a good result. 🎣🎣👍👍

Back