• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Two venues in one day

dodders

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After waiting ages for my species hunt card to arrive in the post I thought I had better get a few species under my belt.
I planned an early start, and after only two hours sleep set off to somewhere I've visited loads of times but never fished. I wanted one of those Baillons wrasse but wasn't sure whether they stayed around in the colder weather. I needn't have worried as after a two hour drive I managed one after a full 10 seconds of fishing!
Baillons Wrasse.JPG
Also managed a corkwing, ballan and a tompot blenny on the next three drop-ins with small bits of ragworm. However, for the next couple of hours I could only get repeat captures despite moving, different tactics etc. I was now stumped a bit as it was only 1130 and I had planned on staying here all day but didn't want to waste the day with the same species.
Chesil was not too far away so made a move over there to ferrybridge hoping for a black bream. A bit late in the year but they are thin on the ground in Cornwall (well to me at least!) and I know one or two were still coming out a week or so ago before the storms.
Two rods out, one with rag tipped with squid and another with various combinations of sandeel, squid and garfish fillet.
No bream, but got a nice Tub Gurnard on sandeel/squid
Tub Gurnard.JPG
A couple of hours before high water the ragworm rod wouldn't stay still with small whiting and pouting. The other rod was busy with dogfish, and a stap conger gave a monster bite on a pouting that I put out.
The action just stopped after high water, so I packed up about an hour into the ebb
All in all a busy afternoon/evening, nothing big but got a few species .

After waiting ages for my species hunt card to arrive in the post I thought I had better get a few species under my belt.
I planned an early start, and after only two hours sleep set off to somewhere I've visited loads of times but never fished. I wanted one of those Baillons wrasse but wasn't sure whether they stayed around in the colder weather. I needn't have worried as after a two hour drive I managed one after a full 10 seconds of fishing!
View attachment 17485
Also managed a corkwing, ballan and a tompot blenny on the next three drop-ins with small bits of ragworm. However, for the next couple of hours I could only get repeat captures despite moving, different tactics etc. I was now stumped a bit as it was only 1130 and I had planned on staying here all day but didn't want to waste the day with the same species.
Chesil was not too far away so made a move over there to ferrybridge hoping for a black bream. A bit late in the year but they are thin on the ground in Cornwall (well to me at least!) and I know one or two were still coming out a week or so ago before the storms.
Two rods out, one with rag tipped with squid and another with various combinations of sandeel, squid and garfish fillet.
No bream, but got a nice Tub Gurnard on sandeel/squid
View attachment 17486
A couple of hours before high water the ragworm rod wouldn't stay still with small whiting and pouting. The other rod was busy with dogfish, and a stap conger gave a monster bite on a pouting that I put out.
The action just stopped after high water, so I packed up about an hour into the ebb
All in all a busy afternoon/evening, nothing big but got a few species .
Nice one. And you found some Amnesia on the beach!

Nice selection of species there. Top dangling!

Nice one Dodders! Well done mate! ????

Back