• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Unexpected new PB!

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all,
I headed out last night fairly locally as I’d heard of the odd ray coming up and thought I’d chance my arm.
I arrived shortly after 7pm with high penned for 10:10pm, quickly getting set up with both rods loaded with bluey and fired out as far as my little arms allow.
I was getting a steady stream of whiting, a dog and pestered by crabs. It was quite busy really.
An hour or so before HW, I decided to set up my bass rod as well and plopped a bluey head in the gutter. I was still getting whiting but not as prolific as at the start.
With all three rods freshly baited, I sat back to enjoy a coffee when one of the distance rods folded over and the ratchet screamed at me! It was like a hound had taken it… but surely not?! 🤔
I set the hook and could feel few some good tugs, I’ve had rays take of like this before but this didn’t feel like that. For some reason, it hadn’t occurred to me it could be a bass but sure enough, before long, this absolute tank of a silver bar slid up the shingle in front of me!! I was literally speechless.
I dragged it back to my tripod and carefully unhooked it. I suspected a PB and I was right, it went a healthy 6lbs 4oz! At 65cm it was a right fatty!!
A few pics and it went back healthy, ready to fight another day.
I fished on but only whiting showed to round off the session, I didn’t mind though, I was still grinning from ear to ear!! AACEFEAE-2BA7-4055-98BA-3C1A2B134A40.jpeg167996EE-D564-4D45-B5CF-F091ED8C0658.jpegA74835EA-AB00-4C90-A682-AC5278EFFFC1.jpeg

Another great report & photos Stormzy! Well done on the PB - beautiful Bass! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back