• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Up’s and downs

John Mitchell

Reaction score
Met up with bananas on Friday night local beach mark , caught a few things , nothing great , A19758BA-3493-40C8-BED8-54EBE4345E5F.jpegFF27250F-3D74-42BB-A3CB-7882263EBB3B.jpegF9A13624-0165-4538-A8B3-0946462353CB.jpeg
Also had a friendly gull who pestered us all evening 4C9DDF30-807B-4619-9E57-48FA5EC60970.jpeg
It was a lovely evening to be out 76C7EBA5-9252-46A4-B18A-67343769CEC4.jpeg
The highlight for me was seeing a big dog otter run from the river into the sea he was massive, he ran right across the beach and straight into the sea

Nice report John. Mackerel about, or were they bought for bait? About an hour from the sea here, brought a couple of light rods over but been to much going on to get to the coast. Hoping for a day or two out next week.

Nice report John. Mackerel about, or were they bought for bait? About an hour from the sea here, brought a couple of light rods over but been to much going on to get to the coast. Hoping for a day or two out next week.
Freshly caught macks dave , are you close to the sea .

Freshly caught macks dave , are you close to the sea .

About an hour John. Hoping to get down to a place we've been before called Audierne to chuck out a lure for a few hours. ??

EDIT: Laptop is out so managed to get a screenshot. There is a pier there that we didn't go out to the end of last time, but might be a good spot.

1656762823594.png

Last edited:
About an hour John. Hoping to get down to a place we've been before called Audierne to chuck out a lure for a few hours. ??

EDIT: Laptop is out so managed to get a screenshot. There is a pier there that we didn't go out to the end of last time, but might be a good spot.

View attachment 28684
Can’t be that good it’s in France ?

Thanks for the report.
Always good to see the sea otters.

I doubt there sea otters tho don’t think there around down south we had one in our camp in Norway wasn’t a sea otter i cheaked but t fresh water otters will go in the sea nice spot tho jhon bey ?

I doubt there sea otters tho don’t think there around down south we had one in our camp in Norway wasn’t a sea otter i cheaked but t fresh water otters will go in the sea nice spot tho jhon bey ?
Yes I am fairly confident the ones I have seen have come from fresh water , especially the one at start bay as there are lakes behind the sea there

Back