• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Valuation of rods and reels please.

Timmy H

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I'm having a clearout and dug out some beachcasters from the 1980s, 2 X Paul Kerry Supercasts 12ft, both ringed for fixed spools. Also 2 X Shimano Aerlex 8000s.
All average condition, last used by my son about 3 years ago. Any ideas please?

They are worth whatever someone is prepared to pay to be honest. good luck with the sale.

ian.

Also clearing out I sold an old pair of Daiwa saNdstorms (fs) for £40 at a car boot sale recently have taken a TDPK (multi) priced at £40 several times & no one willing to pay that much.
Whilst we’re on the subject I have a conoflex pulse rod anyone know much about these?

I'm having a clearout and dug out some beachcasters from the 1980s, 2 X Paul Kerry Supercasts 12ft, both ringed for fixed spools. Also 2 X Shimano Aerlex 8000s.
£100 to £150 for the lot .

Condition is key but I'd say Jackjock is about right there with a ballpark of £25 to £35 each reel dependent on age and condition, similar for the rods as 12ft is a considered a bit short these days. Ebay history search will give you a better idea.

I'd buy a TDPK for £40 if its condition was right...the Pulse I have a pair they are one of my winter codling rods of choice still. Oldies but goodies with 6/7 oz, J curve pendulum, reel down for me. Being a Conoflex I'd say 150 to 200 or perhaps even more these days again depending on original build, condition etc etc. Put some pics up and I'll make you an offer on both if you like JOLC

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I'll put them up as a bundle at a bootsale on sunday and see what happens.

Thanks everyone, I'll put them up as a bundle at a bootsale on sunday and see what happens.
Boot sales area not always the best, good luck but think everyone wants a cheap bargain.

Condition is key but I'd say Jackjock is about right there with a ballpark of £25 to £35 each reel dependent on age and condition, similar for the rods as 12ft is a considered a bit short these days. Ebay history search will give you a better idea.

I'd buy a TDPK for £40 if its condition was right...the Pulse I have a pair they are one of my winter codling rods of choice still. Oldies but goodies with 6/7 oz, J curve pendulum, reel down for me. Being a Conoflex I'd say 150 to 200 or perhaps even more these days again depending on original build, condition etc etc. Put some pics up and I'll make you an offer on both if you like JOLC
Wow will have a think about that one, currently away suffering the joys of Lego land. Thanks for the input.

Ive sold most of my Aerlex's £40 odd each there XS apart from a finger pick up Titanos i did take the nylon bushes out either side of main gear and replace with ball bearing races though smoother and makes them last longer as takes slop out of gearing.
but still very capable reels
The rods and the TDPK esp have a good following condition dependant £50 odd each ebays probably best place to sell plenty of pics that are clear should sell well plus do a sold/completed listings search in advanced shows prices etc

I gave the rods and reels a good clean up this morning, They are the 4 - 8oz rods, they came up far better than expected, they look 4 years old, not 40. I'll put them up for £140 but not drop below £125. If they don't sell I may keep them just for fishing the BC reefs or maybe put them up on here.

I gave the rods and reels a good clean up this morning, They are the 4 - 8oz rods, they came up far better than expected, they look 4 years old, not 40. I'll put them up for £140 but not drop below £125. If they don't sell I may keep them just for fishing the BC reefs or maybe put them up on here.
Do you or your family use facebook. They have a free to use " Marketplace" which would flush out any local interest.

Do you or your family use facebook. They have a free to use " Marketplace" which would flush out any local interest.
The same as Gumtree, that's free to list/sell as well.

Guy on WSF just getting into sea fishing looking for pair of rods for Grinder use hes Southampton area might be a deal for you

Guy on WSF just getting into sea fishing looking for pair of rods for Grinder use hes Southampton area might be a deal for you
I might actually use them again. I popped over the field at the back with one yesterday for a couple of swings and surprised myself.
No pendulum, just a modified thump but easily hitting 120 yards. I might keep them for the rough ground BC stuff.

Back