• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Veals eBay way cheaper than the website.

I've said before, most of the big tackle stores have an eBay store, and I tend to look there first.
I got fed up with some websites not showing carriage costs until after you put items in basket & went to checkout.
So much easier on eBay - the total price is there before you click on anything.
Plus you can do a search & compare prices in one place.
Looks like there are some Trabucco Impera rods much cheaper direct from Italy, but I couldn't find the 250gm version.

I've said before, most of the big tackle stores have an eBay store, and I tend to look there first.
I got fed up with some websites not showing carriage costs until after you put items in basket & went to checkout.
Plus you can do a search & compare prices in one place.
Looks like there are some Trabucco Impera rods much cheaper direct from Italy, but I couldn't find the 250gm version.
I know. I’ve already got the older 250 version and love it, so want the same rating. Veals only have one left in stock, so I have the choice of grabbing it or waiting for a week to see if they are doing a Black Friday deal. I’m not desperate, so I’ll take a chance. Of course this means they might never get that model again. I found another place called Outside Living and they have them for a fiver less, but I’ve never heard of them, so a bit suspicious using them.

Last edited:
It’s a rod I’m interested in and that’s a big difference.
MUCH more expensive to sell on eBay and MUCH bigger risk of fraudulent claims/returns ... not least because everything on eBay is biased to eBay getting paid and the buyer. Ebay seriously hiked payments with their managed payments.

Just out of interest how would you expect a website to calculate your postage costs without knowing what the hell you want to buy (by you putting it in your basket) and where you are from? Ebay is predominantly a postage per item site and a serious majority of items are now postage free (i.e. included in the price). Thats all well and good with single items but no good with multiple items ... buy three items pay the postage (included in the item price) three times (y)

I know. I’ve already got the older 250 version and love it, so want the same rating. Veals only have one left in stock, so I have the choice of grabbing it or waiting for a week to see if they are doing a Black Friday deal. I’m not desperate, so I’ll take a chance. Of course this means they might never get that model again. I found another place called Outside Living and they have them for a fiver less, but I’ve never heard of them, so a bit suspicious using them.

Be careful ... black friday is closely followed by blue monday .... thats the day the parcels start arriving and the wife finds out how much you've lashed out on fishing gear :ROFLMAO:

Be careful ... black friday is closely followed by blue monday .... thats the day the parcels start arriving and the wife finds out how much you've lashed out on fishing gear :ROFLMAO:
She’s the one encouraging me. 🤣🤣

Makes me laugh when I hear guys saying they’ve sneaked a new rod past the missus.

Mine just says “whatever”🤣

Makes me laugh when I hear guys saying they’ve sneaked a new rod past the missus.

Wifey has never complained with the Rods I've bought, although I haven't bought any for a couple of years.

Having said that, she oftens glances at my rods, reels etc, and says that she doesn't understand why you need more than one Rod and One reel to go fishing..... for any species of Fish! 🙄🙄

Wifey has never complained with the Rods I've bought, although I haven't bought any for a couple of years.

Having said that, she oftens glances at my rods, reels etc, and says that she doesn't understand why you need more than one Rod and One reel to go fishing..... for any species of Fish! 🙄🙄
Your just like me Dave, I haven't bought any rods lately either, well not for at least a week.. 🤣

Ian.

My missus says that she has fishing tackle on ignore and no longer "consciously sees it" ... the bloody stuff is everywhere to be fair :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back