• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Veals

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Otdered a few bits on Wednesday morning thinking I might be lucky to get them Fruday, sauturday at latest.
Gets a text yesterday to say delivery will arrive between 6.33pm amd 7.33pm, fella at door with parcel 6.45pm, well impressed.
Not sure if spending to free postage helped but chuffed either way with that.

There incredible service, that’s why I use them perhaps there not the cheapest but they all ways got what I need in stock so no messing around going from one supplier to another.

They ha\/e always been pretty faultless in my experience. in fact the only thing that springs to mind is a glitch on their website stopping me checking out once. Deli\/ery has always been prompt, well packaged and complete. Customer ser\/ice is excellent

Yep, excellent customer service.

As said, maybe not the cheapest ever and I have noticed prices crept up during lockdown but the brilliant service goes a long way.

Only had two ‘problems’ in many years. Once they’d left out a spool of line I ordered and I phoned up. They took my word for it and promised one would be sent out, arrived the next day.

Another time they sent the wrong thing by mistake (can’t even recall what it was now), but when I called they said to keep the original item and they’d send out the correct one, which they did.

To be fair, I haven’t really had any issues with other major suppliers such as Gerry’s, but Veals do go above and beyond.

I tend to buy a lot of my 'stuff' on eBay, (not just angling related) have done for years. I've bought quite a few items from Veals shop on eBay and they have been brilliant. The good thing with eBay for me, is you know what you are paying for the item and delivery, when it should be delivered, and gives the easy ability to compare prices.

Latest purchase was a good example: Wanted a couple of SG surf seekers.
£5.90 each from the flytyingcompany, discounted to £5.72 because I bought 2. Free 3 day postage, arrived in 2 days.
veals-mail-order were £7.05, no discount for quantity, same 3 day postage.
If I'd bought them from tackleit1brian, £7.99 each, no discount for quantity, same 3 day postage.

Just goes to show how prices can vary.

Last edited:
Just to break up the love in and add some balance..... I had to wait 4 weeks for an in stock reel.... and my deliveries take 3-4 days normally.
But that said I do use them all the time..... they are a great shop!.
Will just add.... always check the Veals ebay price on smaller orders the free post will beat the std 10% discount under 45 quid on most occassions.

Get 90% of my gear from Veal's, even on the 1 - 3 day delivery, normally comes next day. Yes they are not always the cheapest, but with my 10% discount prices are pretty good. (y)

Ian.

Its just a shame more company's don,t follow veal's great service , not the cheapest out there but worth spending that little bit more for a good service
Yes I never understood why so many companies and establishments in this country have such poor customer service.
It’s not rocket science is it? Treat customers how you’d like to be treated and if there’s a problem, get it sorted ASAP.

Not just fishing stuff, pubs, restaurants etc. In Canada or America they bend over backwards to keep customers happy but over here with so many places, if you tell them there’s a problem, they act as if you’re the problem.

Back