• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Visiting Skye next week

shadow42

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi i’m visiting Skye next week and was wondering what type of bait to take if anyone could give me some information it would be grateful For any assistance

Also any advice on where to fish from a pier or shore would be appreciated

Wrong end of the UK for me but I'm sure someone will come up with some info! ??

Only ever fished Glenbrittle as a kid.

Bagged up with sea trout, and a few different fish from the shore and rocks.

My father landed a monster wooly jumper there as well.

I would suggest a stop off at armadale pier.

You will easily feather enough mackerel to cover your bait needs. Just keep it cool and I would say its going to be the most effective bait.

Where abouts are you heading?

Armadale pier is a good shout but make sure you go after any visits by tour boats, it gets so very crowded before they arrive that feathering is impossible.

Oh, and if you feel tempted to put out a bottom bait there be aware that there is always a possibility of a skate coming along and sucking in a bait . If you floatfish along side the pier or off to the right in front of the tangles there is a good chance of Pollack, I had a few there last visit.

Neist Point is good, lots of different species after you have recovered from the walk from the car park .?.

Enjoy yourself ?

Dave

Sorry I can't help , to far north for me,but when I fish a 'unknown' place,I would usually use squid /sandeel or blueys, Tight lines for when you go mate , looking forward to your catch report ???

Armadale pier is a good shout but make sure you go after any visits by tour boats, it gets so very crowded before they arrive that feathering is impossible.

Oh, and if you feel tempted to put out a bottom bait there be aware that there is always a possibility of a skate coming along and sucking in a bait . If you floatfish along side the pier or off to the right in front of the tangles there is a good chance of Pollack, I had a few there last visit.

Neist Point is good, lots of different species after you have recovered from the walk from the car park .?.

Enjoy yourself ?

Dave
Burning calf muscles back up to that car park!
Travel light?

Back