• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review VMO kit! N FedEx fook up!

Tournamag

Reaction score
London with "Night Mayor for London Kaiser Khan"
Ordered a VMO Day pack? Rig wallet thing and there long rod bag/sleeve. Century cold bag.Plus seadra,Mustad etc Chinu type hooks.

Waited all F'in day for Fedex Parcel Monkey!!! DPD turned up ok mind that monkey tried to give me someone else's parcel! Fooks sake what we feed these monkey's? and Fishi Sunak should make em read write and spell till there Retired!let alone Maths!.
Next day Delivery and ends up get text no delivery get onto site say's business closed/no one at home etc yeah F'in right never even tried to deliver.
Fedex website is Dire like to strangle that Auto bot Bird kept asking for tracking number! 1001 times! after repeating options 1-1000 million times went to depot and got it myself.

Well was it worth Drama??? Rod bag looks ok! full zip liner inside to keep parts apart except in top 3/4 so tip n butt can rub. Reasonably padded.and top flaps over held with Velcro if rods short arsed.spot on i'd say if taking rod on own or in a quiver or if in a Rite Gear rod bag i have as a third rod and want kept safe when not using.

But Rig bag/wallet thing? Not so sure say's takes 50 rigs??? found out where to put 4 but can't find place for other 46!!! as only 4 pouches inside ok there long/big sealed with velcro so not really sea damp proof sort of thing but not as bad as the No Fish Anywhere Match ones that came open at Hello! so everything got damp.
Does have pockets inside at either side and outside and zip goes right round so can open out. Summary 50/50! To me needs more thought/input to make it right as good concept.

Century cold/cool/box/bag.looks ok strap to hang over your head! and handle/straps either side that held together with Velcroing flap.
Had a snoop inside worked out can place a big cold pack i have in base that nearly matches base then can place 4 thin ones round plastic bucket inside then can add one/some in compartment in lid so should be good bag and with bucket job inside should solve the stinky squid smell!!!!

The subject of Couriers & Deliveries has been covered before, and whilst sometimes, it does seem to be relevant to different teams in different areas, they all feck up at some point. Since Royal Mail have had their strikes, a lot of businesses are moving to other Couriers, and they just can't cope with the extra workload.

Ordered a VMO Day pack? Rig wallet thing and there long rod bag/sleeve. Century cold bag.Plus seadra,Mustad etc Chinu type hooks.

Waited all F'in day for Fedex Parcel Monkey!!! DPD turned up ok mind that monkey tried to give me someone else's parcel! Fooks sake what we feed these monkey's? and Fishi Sunak should make em read write and spell till there Retired!let alone Maths!.
Next day Delivery and ends up get text no delivery get onto site say's business closed/no one at home etc yeah F'in right never even tried to deliver.
Fedex website is Dire like to strangle that Auto bot Bird kept asking for tracking number! 1001 times! after repeating options 1-1000 million times went to depot and got it myself.

Well was it worth Drama??? Rod bag looks ok! full zip liner inside to keep parts apart except in top 3/4 so tip n butt can rub. Reasonably padded.and top flaps over held with Velcro if rods short arsed.spot on i'd say if taking rod on own or in a quiver or if in a Rite Gear rod bag i have as a third rod and want kept safe when not using.

But Rig bag/wallet thing? Not so sure say's takes 50 rigs??? found out where to put 4 but can't find place for other 46!!! as only 4 pouches inside ok there long/big sealed with velcro so not really sea damp proof sort of thing but not as bad as the No Fish Anywhere Match ones that came open at Hello! so everything got damp.
Does have pockets inside at either side and outside and zip goes right round so can open out. Summary 50/50! To me needs more thought/input to make it right as good concept.

Century cold/cool/box/bag.looks ok strap to hang over your head! and handle/straps either side that held together with Velcroing flap.
Had a snoop inside worked out can place a big cold pack i have in base that nearly matches base then can place 4 thin ones round plastic bucket inside then can add one/some in compartment in lid so should be good bag and with bucket job inside should solve the stinky squid smell!!!!
I feel your pain! But I did piss myself laughing at your comments 😂

I think VMO are doing there best offering a courier option since the strikes....my last order came next day.....but deliveries in general are a joke .....well maybe Amazon are ok ... nearly always next day where I live with the Mrs, Prime account.

Quick update, due to all the rain lately, i ordered a Vass Dry Rucksack from VMO yesterday morning,(free post option) arrived this morning.....top service that from a tackle dealer!

A size comparison for anyone interested, with the new Century rucksack, with the top rolled down to the straps.PXL_20230112_121258012_qtIbvUvI7h.jpeg

Quick update, due to all the rain lately, i ordered a Vass Dry Rucksack from VMO yesterday morning,(free post option) arrived this morning.....top service that from a tackle dealer!

A size comparison for anyone interested, with the new Century rucksack, with the top rolled down to the straps.View attachment 38363
I'm thinking of getting a rucksack is the century one waterproof out of the two which do you prefer there's not a lot of difference in price I would appreciate your thoughts thanks.

I'm thinking of getting a rucksack is the century one waterproof out of the two which do you prefer there's not a lot of difference in price I would appreciate your thoughts thanks.
Hi Phis, I've not used the Vass one as only came today.
I've have used the Century one a couple of times with long walks to marks, and it's been great, stands up on its own and easy to get to all your kit inside...its just the right size for my day kit and a bit of spare clothing etc . I've found it pretty good in showers, but last trip in 8 hrs of pouring rain did get damp inside as most normal bags would.
For that reason with all the rain of late, I decided to get a fully sealed dry type Rucksack, as well.
I've heard the Vass one is good, not as easy to access stuff as the Century, and fewer pockets, but if you have stuff you have to keep dry, a compromise you have to make.

Once I've used it I will be able to give a better review.
Cheers Si.

I've have used the Century one a couple of times with long walks to marks, and it's been great, stands up on its own and easy to get to all your kit inside...its just the right size for my day kit and a bit of spare clothing etc . I've found it pretty good in showers, but last trip in 8 hrs of pouring rain did get damp inside as most normal bags would.
For that reason with all the rain of late, I decided to get a fully sealed dry type Rucksack.
I've heard the Vass one is good, not as easy to access stuff as the Century, and fewer pockets, but if you have stuff you have to keep dry, a compromise you have to make.

Cheers Si.
Ah thanks for that Si I do like the look of the Century especially the hard base and going from a box like the idea of it being supported and easy to grab stuff out cheers 👍

Ah thanks for that Si I do like the look of the Century especially the hard base and going from a box like the idea of it being supported and easy to grab stuff out cheers 👍
I normally use a box, and the Century is designed to be box like to use, has a waterproof semi rigid base, and holds its shape pretty well....in the above pic the Vass is filled with stuff, Century is empty. Once you unroll the Vass top, it is a fairly deep bag to dive into, but can probably hold more than the Century if you needed it too. 👍

For that reason with all the rain of late, I decided to get a fully sealed dry type Rucksack, as well.

Cheers Si.
Be interesting in time Si, what normally happens to dry bags is that they delaminate where they fold.

I know what you mean Pete, it won't get used much as I like the Century, but electronic scales don't like water 🤔.....it's also only for a couple of long walk marks , with big rocks to sit on when I get there 🙂👍.....time will tell like you say 👍

Yes courriers covered in a previous post but;

Full marks for DPD.

I sold item the other day, packed it and went through there site printed label off and packed item, dropped of at collection point and it was delivered 48hrs later.

Back