• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

VMO tripods (Veals)

Now looking at the VMO 4" 6" -7 foot one, it has the extra foot recommended by Trampstser and the leglocks recommended by Popbob, all for not much more. The Shakespeare one is a lot more money, and mostly out of stock,and doesn't have an adjustable back leg, it does look nice though!

Now looking at the VMO 4" 6" -7 foot one, it has the extra foot recommended by Trampstser and the leglocks recommended by Popbob, all for not much more. The Shakespeare one is a lot more money, and mostly out of stock,and doesn't have an adjustable back leg, it does look nice though!
If you mean adjustable leg length on the Shakespear Salt PDP, all of the legs are adjustable!

VMO rod rests ( Parker) are some of the best rests you will buy.

They will last you years.

Loads of spares available.

More robust than a golds.

Far better than some of the shyte you been recomended so far..

I have one that must be nearly 18 years old and it still works as it should.

I recently brought a Parker 4 to 6 ft tripod with locking legs from vmo, very light but has rubbish plastic cups and v shaped rod holder. Although heavy, my Shakespeare Salt is a far better made product imo.

I've gone for the 4'6"-7 foot one from Veals, it's got to be better than my ultra cheap three legged fall over type. Just wish a fish would feel sorry for me, lost count of blanks, I am helping the Cornish fish stocks though?

Can you not find a local fishing partner or even better an experienced mentor Pendeenpiscator? Join a club, fish a match, ask at your local tackle shop, approach other anglers and ask - most anglers if approached properly will share at least enough info for you to get your foot on the ladder, just don't be over expectant and be sure to show some thanks (a brew and a biscuit will get most info from me :D)

Back