• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Wahooo

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After picking up a fivers worth of lug my plan was go to crimdon low water 21.45 head down for 19.30 fish it back then see what happens on the flood till 23.30 usually washed off the sand bar by then. I Stood at the top of the banks looking down onto the beach and there was a few lights down there. A quick call to my brother and there he was fishing a club comp been there since 7. I decided to fish between him and another bloke about 200 yards to the left of him. He came over for a bit of banter and told me he'd had 2 whiting so far that were sized for his comp.. I set up and put one out there as I was putting my rod in the stand I was getting a bite I must of hit it on the head which resulted with this little fella.IMG20211119205049.jpg
It was basically a whiting a chuck every one I got was between 30 - 36 cm all returned. About an hour later my rod bent double banging like a shit house door in a force 10 gale. I picked it up and I had lack line I wound into it and it went mental stopping me winding at one point, it felt a cracking fish then just as I got it behind the surf it gave a massive pull down and it was off, I was gutted but not to be beaten I cracked on hoping to get him but it didn't happen, but I did get myself another codlingIMG20211119224222.jpg I Weighed it on the beach and it was 2lb 11oz wahoo not just chips and peas for tea tomorrow. I gutted it and it was full of shrimp and small crab. I had another 6 whiting before the in coming tide forced me off and away home home. I'm hoping to try another mark on Sunday afternoon as I'm at the pools match tomorrow and seeing some more bands at Sunderland tomorrow night. That's it for now? have a cracking weekend whatever your up to.

Nice one Stevie, well done!

A shitter that you list the big one though. Do you reckon it was a bigger cod?

I always decide it was an eel in those situations ???

That beach has been known too throw a decent cod out at times but the way it was fighting I think it could of been a big bass but I'll never know. We don't get eels up here on the north east coast especially at crimdon it's a sandy beach with gullies and holes .

That beach has been known too throw a decent cod out at times but the way it was fighting I think it could of been a big bass but I'll never know. We don't get eels up here on the north east coast especially at crimdon it's a sandy beach with gullies and holes .
We get eels everywhere, even on the sandy beaches ?

Ooh, big bass, that’s not good either. I’m not sure what I’d hate to lose more ?

Never fished Crimdon but have had a few sessions on Steetley Pier in it's day.How far north of Steetley were you fishing.Only ever had a look at the Holiday Camp many years ago.
The beach is straight Infront of the holiday camp one of my favorite beaches for low water

Nice report, great little Codling. (y)

Ian.

I feel your pain. Well done on the codling at the end?

Back