• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

wales still stuff

Same as England then.

England and wale rules are different ?
Very different actually. In England at the moment you can go sea fishing in your car as long as you only travel a reasonable distance. Unfortunately the government have not given a defining version of reasonable, so some people think it is 5 miles but some think it can be 50. (or even more)

Very different actually. In England at the moment you can go sea fishing in your car as long as you only travel a reasonable distance. Unfortunately the government have not given a defining version of reasonable, so some people think it is 5 miles but some think it can be 50. (or even more)
The government rules are stay local and no cars/vehicles except for essential. e.g. food shopping, medical appointments etc. Driving for social hobbies (fishing) are a no no. I went for my Covid jab yesterday and had to drive for the appointment 2miles which was allowed.

on radio this morning the so called experts reckon these restrictions will last the rest of this year if that's the case and you have to stay local can't travel the rods will be put away the fishing is shite around here the guns will be coming out my other hobby shooting I've got local farms I can visit that'll keep me occupied
How many cartridges do you waste trying to hit something? :ROFLMAO:

how many sinkers do you lose fishing the rocks
None I fish off the beach over sand or broken ground. It's called fishing not fish mongering. I don't fish for rocks :ROFLMAO:

The government rules are stay local and no cars/vehicles except for essential. e.g. food shopping, medical appointments etc. Driving for social hobbies (fishing) are a no no. I went for my Covid jab yesterday and had to drive for the appointment 2miles which was allowed.
I'm not going to disagree with you on how it should be, but reality is very different. My local police force, (according to my local bobby) are allowing discretion but are being advised that they shouldn't be giving fines out for up to ten miles if people are travelling for exercise. (including fishing)
The two women in Ashby-De-La-Zouch (which is the neighbouring force) had travelled about 5 miles to go for a walk and were fined but following outcry both had their fines rescinded.

As I said in my original post, the guidance is being interpreted in different ways by different people. There is certainly no clear rule saying you can't use your car to travel for exercise.

I'm not going to disagree with you on how it should be, but reality is very different. My local police force, (according to my local bobby) are allowing discretion but are being advised that they shouldn't be giving fines out for up to ten miles if people are travelling for exercise. (including fishing)
The two women in Ashby-De-La-Zouch (which is the neighbouring force) had travelled about 5 miles to go for a walk and were fined but following outcry both had their fines rescinded.

As I said in my original post, the guidance is being interpreted in different ways by different people. There is certainly no clear rule saying you can't use your car to travel for exercise.
So if the rule is stay at home or stay local how could you (some) justify travelling in your car for exercise?

I,m not going fishing at the moment but i know theirs plenty of anglers on the Holderness coast beaches fishing with out any problems from the law . Its not local to the majority of the anglers many of them travelling many miles to do there sport . Personally i dont know whats right or whats in the rules , very open to interpretation.

So if the rule is stay at home or stay local how could you (some) justify travelling in your car for exercise?

I'm certainly not one of those trying to justify it! I haven't been fishing once since the lockdown has started.

As Jackjock says above though, the rules are open to interpretation and when that is the case there will always be those that interpret the rules to suit themselves.

I'm certainly not one of those trying to justify it! I haven't been fishing once since the lockdown has started.

As Jackjock says above though, the rules are open to interpretation and when that is the case there will always be those that interpret the rules to suit themselves.
Same as Mr Plod then.

Back