• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Waterproofing in the sun

bananas

Reaction score
Been waiting for a nice sunny day with no wind so I could waterproof my fishing gear, recently bought a 5 ltr Thompson one coat brick sealer for the job and today was the day.
Did 2 bib & brace, 2 trousers, 4 coats, 2 pairs a boots and my original Beach buddy, used a third of a tin and will last a couple a years before next recoat, plus as a bonus I have waterproof hands and grass now too :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .
Can really recommend this stuff, got the tip years ago from the dark side site, but do a test patch first.

Been waiting for a nice sunny day with no wind so I could waterproof my fishing gear, recently bought a 5 ltr Thompson one coat brick sealer for the job and today was the day.
Did 2 bib & brace, 2 trousers, 4 coats, 2 pairs a boots and my original Beach buddy, used a third of a tin and will last a couple a years before next recoat, plus as a bonus I have waterproof hands and grass now too :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .
Can really recommend this stuff, got the tip years ago from the dark side site, but do a test patch first.
Is that an old tin bud, as I thought they changed it and it wasn't suitable these days?.... Sure I read that somewhere ?

s that an old tin bud, as I thought they changed it and it wasn't suitable these days?.... Sure I read that somewhere ?
No its a new one, didn't know they changed the recipe :eek:, ive not really fished in the rain since doing it but will report back when I do. spose I could just stand in the rain in the garden:unsure:

Back