• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Went fishing

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Not been sea fishing in a while ,which is unlike me,been mainly coarse fishing.
Now the daylight hours are getting shorter ,my local beaches become lovely and quiet again . So got home at 3 and thought its dead still and typical whiting conditions !
Usually I wouldn't target whiting and avoid them with 6/0s, but today last minute decision I thought I'll suss out how many fish and life is out there with a little whiting bash, mainly to gauge it for tommorow which seems like another calm day where I'll switch over to ray tactics ..wanted to know if life was out there ..

Anyway tonight lovely flat calm conditions took 1 rod, 2 rigs , 2 leads and 2 squid which were sliced into thin hookbaits..

Presumed the whiting would be in and had a great couple hours with the tip constantly knocking in 14 degree weather absolutely mad for mid November..

Don't usually take many fish but have filleted 4 to eat tomo and rest that wouldn't go back I keep for winter pike baits instead of buying from supermarket or bait shop rather use these 'abundant' fish .

Hopefully something more exciting tommorow .

20211111_185451.jpg
20211111_185529.jpg
20211111_185702.jpg

Well done mate, I would put money on you finding a ray tomorrow night with these conditions ?

Hopefully...looks spot on as you say . Had quite a few this time of year most years . Have you heard of many coming out last few weeks ? Was no one fishing the whole town this evening as far as I could see.

Hopefully...looks spot on as you say . Had quite a few this time of year most years . Have you heard of many coming out last few weeks ? Was no one fishing the whole town this evening as far as I could see.
Yep heard of a few coming up, in amongst the whiting and few bass about. No one around probably because the tides are still early in the eve. I’m out Monday night chasing the silver spikey things further round!

Great report & photos mate! Well done on the Tings! ??

Back