• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Where to fish for bass in mid September

Stof

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
I’m new to lure fishing and was wondering where is the best place to go looking for bass in mid September - south and southwest England - got some time on my hands so don’t mind a longish drive from London. Any advice greatly appreciated!

I would head for the coast in the south west especially after a southwest blow , stir the water up a bit

It seems asking for bass lure marks is like asking for the Holy grail? Hope you find some fish Stof, sorry I can't help but I'm up in the NW. I would hope some of the southern lads have PM'd you with offers of help.....

Chesil is pretty famous for bass lure I believe and the fleet behind it always has little ones in by the sounds of things. Have a search for chesil lure bassing sure something will come up .

Hi Stof! I'd love to offer you some advice as I'm in the Southwest, but I have some health issues which mean I can't get to a lot of the decent Bass marks that some of the other guys fish! I've only ever caught one schoolie, so by no means an expert! ??

Hi Stof! I'd love to offer you some advice as I'm in the Southwest, but I have some health issues which mean I can't get to a lot of the decent Bass marks that some of the other guys fish! I've only ever caught one schoolie, so by no means an expert! ??
At least you’ve caught a bass before!! I still need to land my first one! Thanks for responding!

I’m new to lure fishing and was wondering where is the best place to go looking for bass in mid September - south and southwest England - got some time on my hands so don’t mind a longish drive from London. Any advice greatly appreciated!
Probably the closest productive area for you from London would be the Purbeck coast in Dorset. Grab an Ordnance Survey map of the area or trawl Google Earth for likely looking shallow rough terrain.

In the sea might help ;)

My first choice would be Christchurch harbour, given where you are ,2nd choice would be Portsmouth harbour entrance by the round tower,and then Southampton water ,but not sure where to go there,hope this helps,leave some fish for me please ??,tight lines mate

Thanks all for your generous advice earlier in the month! I ended up heading down to Chesil Beach but after speaking to one of the locals on the conditions, tides etc I headed to Ferry Bridge behind the beach and I’m happy to say I’m no longer a bass virgin!

98C5BA9F-CA68-4E25-989E-EA3A67D157FE.jpeg

Back