• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Whipped the life out the water and me☹️.

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well yesterday I had feckall to do so decided to venture out I headed to the North gare redneck decs haunt.
The wind was blowing all over the place with some pretty strong gusts.IMG20230722131859.jpgIMG20230722131855.jpgThe ground looked a bit dodgy for me to get over as my knees are deteriorating fast and didn't want to make them worse so sacked it. I did see a fecking big jelly fish IMG20230722150742.jpg. About 6 pm the wind started dropping do I decided to go local to me straight down to Blackhall rocks beach, what used to be a 10 minute walk took me 20 mins to get to the top of deadmans bank, here's the view from the top and the bay to the right.IMG20230729191907.jpgIMG20230729191916.jpgI headed down to the rocks ends first.IMG20230729202348.jpgIMG20230729210531.jpg The wind had dropped off to nothing and the sea was as flat as a witches tit. I spent the next 2 hours all over the rocks chucking out seekers, paddle tails and patchinky lures to no avail☹️.
I then moved into the bay . The water here is only about 2-3 ft deep I did have a take on a weedless paddle tail but it must of had hold of the tail as it pulled them went slack🤬.
Looking behind me sent me into reminiscing of been a kid and me and my mates were all over these caves starting fires and hiding from each other😊.IMG20230729204458.jpgIMG20230729204502.jpgIMG20230729202402.jpgI continued to chuck the lures out changing colours chucking them in all directions still to no avail☹️. Just as darkness hit I heard a massive splash just to the right of me and a fecking huge seal beached itself and stared at me 😲.then all of a sudden another appeared to the left of me no pics as I retreated back up the beach pretty sharpish well as fast as my knees would allow. As I looked back down there was about 10 of them laid there on the sand, it was at this point I called it a night and headed for the aptly named bank (Deadmans) by the time I made it to the top I was fecked. The council have fitted a bench at the top which I sat on for half an hour resting my knees and getting my breath back then headed home.
I'm certainly going to travel a lot further on my next mission and look for easy Access as well, as there seems to be nothing around the coast up here at the moment. But as I've said before I will get one 😁.

Great write up and fabulous photos Stevie - fingers & toes crossed for next time out. 🎣🎣👍👍

Great report and lovely pics too mate, nice one... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back