• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Whitby help please

JasonR

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Hello all,
I am off up to the wonderful Whitby in a few weeks and taking some of my light lure gear for some LRF fishing. Are there any areas in / around the harbour you would recommend please or are there any ares where i am not permitted to fish please?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks

Hello all,
I am off up to the wonderful Whitby in a few weeks and taking some of my light lure gear for some LRF fishing. Are there any areas in / around the harbour you would recommend please or are there any ares where i am not permitted to fish please?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Plenty of fish and chippy shops around there. ;)

The only thing i know about Whitby is Bram Stoker stayed there once. Not very helpful i know, sorry.. :(

Ian.

The only thing i know about Whitby is Bram Stoker stayed there once. Not very helpful i know, sorry.. :(

Ian.
No worries wingnut, many thanks. I have had a nice reply from the Deputy Harbour Master at Whitby and he has told me there is no fishing at all in the harbour, even though i stated it was only LRF fishing down the edge.
Hey ho, no need to take my tackle then.

That is a good call. I tried messaging the Whitby Sea Anglers but after i sent the message, i read that they basically say they won’t help anyone with advice. Will try and find a tackle shop though.

That is a good call. I tried messaging the Whitby Sea Anglers but after i sent the message, i read that they basically say they won’t help anyone with advice. Will try and find a tackle shop though.
Not very helpful is it, call themselves Anglers, thought we were one big family, feck em them. :(

Ian.

Might be an idea to look any tackle shops up on the internet before you go Jason, and give them a call?

No worries wingnut, many thanks. I have had a nice reply from the Deputy Harbour Master at Whitby and he has told me there is no fishing at all in the harbour, even though i stated it was only LRF fishing down the edge.
Hey ho, no need to take my tackle then.
You might be able to fish off the end the lower deck of the harbour wall dependant on swell and wind direction. There is a long length of outer from the top deck too but you are at height.

Cheers Valleyboy lad👍,not been in a while as I tend more to fish Tees to Tyne and beyond more of Skater’s country.
Both piers should be ok but the lower deck of the north one,dependant on wind will produce.
Big tides the back end of the week are pushing the fish in and should have macks 20 mins or so either side of high tides so take some spinners and a bbq😉
Can’t comment on the shops really but there used to be one on the south side of the harbour!
Parking has got daft now with the same wardens/council in our town🤬so not been for a while and as said usually head north over.
Plenty of boats out if you fancy a trip mind👍

Back