• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West WHY DOES IT ALWAYS RAIN ON ME?

Welldone towrag and baz!!!!! I wouldn't of wanted to be there yesterday! Bet the path is dodgy???
Hi mate, the path was pretty good, even on the way back when wet. The problem was the drop down to the mark. It's so overgrown that the track is completely covered and hidden... and extremely slippery as you can't distinguish the rock from the compressed mud. I'm going to order those boot spikes that Tournamag recommended.

I remember seeing one of them in a Custom car magazine review when they first came out! ??

Nice Ford Corsair 2000E in the background of the 1st photo!
I saw it first in that months CC too!
It was either yellow or orange. Saw a couple on the roads too. I got buzzed by one when out riding my Honda C70.
Well spotted the Corsair. My Dad had a couple. The V4 and the Consul. It was our first ever car with self-cancelling indicators! Technology eh? Next they'll be bringing out a rear heated window!!!

Last edited:
No mate, it's a QUASAR. They were first built in the mid 1970s by two British designers, fully enclosed with a Reliant 850cc 4-cylinder inline water cooled engine...Awesome.
Expect to pay something like 18K for a road worthy one these days.View attachment 11562View attachment 11563
Can't you knock something up in the workshop? Tell em it's a Bodmin Cruise Missile Ridden by Special Agent Tow-Rag 006.3/4 Couldn't quite make it to 007!

I saw it first in that months CC too!
It was either yellow or orange. Saw a couple on the roads too. I got buzzed by one when out riding my Honda C70.
Well spotted the Corsair. My Dad had a couple. The V4 and the Consul. It was our first ever car with self-cancelling indicators! Technology eh? Next they'll be bringing out a rear heated window!!!
Whilst looking for something totally different (or is it Tow-tally!) this came up - I'd never heard of it before. You'd look good on one of these Colin, and the Old Bill would never catch ya!

Gunbus 410 (as in 410 cu. in. or around 6700 cc)
1626101650758.png

Hi mate, the path was pretty good, even on the way back when wet. The problem was the drop down to the mark. It's so overgrown that the track is completely covered and hidden... and extremely slippery as you can't distinguish the rock from the compressed mud. I'm going to order those boot spikes that Tournamag recommended.
There were a few bass around yesterday mate it's a wonder you don't pick up more when you are spinning.

At least it's stopped raining ??
Today is the first thine in weeks that no rain ?️ is predicted, hitting up for a glorious weekend and beyond here in Bournemouth.
I can't get over how LOW the tides are, at best it's a little bit below 2 meters!!!!
I'm used to 6.5+ meter tides!!!!

oh well ? Boscome Pier here we come, meeting up with the Captain this morning.

At least it's stopped raining ??
Today is the first thine in weeks that no rain ?️ is predicted, hitting up for a glorious weekend and beyond here in Bournemouth.
I can't get over how LOW the tides are, at best it's a little bit below 2 meters!!!!
I'm used to 6.5+ meter tides!!!!

oh well ? Boscome Pier here we come, meeting up with the Captain this morning.
It was looking nice first thing but now clouding over! I was going lawn mowing and roof repairing don't know what to do now! Grr!

It was looking nice first thing but now clouding over! I was going lawn mowing and roof repairing don't know what to do now! Grr!
Slow start.
capt.N.Haddock will post,as I've just left him on the pier, it's very slow and at £2.20 per hour to park my car, it isn't worth it.

There were a few bass around yesterday mate it's a wonder you don't pick up more when you are spinning.
I did fancy my chances, but thanks to that effing lobster pot and trailing line, I could only cast in one direction.

I did fancy my chances, but thanks to that effing lobster pot and trailing line, I could only cast in one direction.
Had sixteen bass lastnight about half a mile along from your mark!!!! Spinning! Things are looking up!!!! I will find out who's that pot is and get it moved, no need to put it where it is, won't catch much there!!!! I hate potting.

Top result on the Bass Tommo.
Thanks for making enquiries about that pot. I will have to start bringing my grappling hook and line again!

Top result on the Bass Tommo.
Thanks for making enquiries about that pot. I will have to start bringing my grappling hook and line again!
I am out later so if I can find out who's pot it is I will move it, can't touch it without the owners permission!!!!

That's a shame, they go for decent money on eBay!
Thanks mate. Course, I don't know if it's been swept out of harm's way.

That's a shame, they go for decent money on eBay!
Thanks mate. Course, I don't know if it's been swept out of harm's way.
The bass are still around only had two this evening.IMG_20210714_205217_865.jpgIMG_20210714_205217_865.jpgIMG_20210714_205217_865.jpg

Back