• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Withernsea.

Bevo50

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Bollocks to it I’m driving up north early hours Saturday morning or midnight Friday. Gonna get myself a cod or 2. Gonna play it by ear. Gotta be in it to win. Ain’t getting nothing round Clacton. Need a decent cod then I’ll be happy. 👍🏻👍🏻😂😂

Bollocks to it I’m driving up north early hours Saturday morning or midnight Friday. Gonna get myself a cod or 2. Gonna play it by ear. Gotta be in it to win. Ain’t getting nothing round Clacton. Need a decent cod then I’ll be happy. 👍🏻👍🏻😂😂

dont go too far south of there

too much southerly in the wind for the southern beaches( inc withernsea)

id be tempted anywhere from north withernsea ( towards waxhole up to tunstall ) BUT, dont try and find your own way down the cliffs, or you may need budgie to airlift you out of the clay
either go down a safe way, or stick to the likes of mappleton, north withernsea and hornsea ( south n north)

id be tempted anywhere from north withernsea ( towards waxhole up to tunstall ) BUT, dont try and find your own way down the cliffs, or you may need budgie to airlift you out of the clay
either go down a safe way, or stick to the likes of mappleton, north withernsea and hornsea ( south n north)
7AE9BACF-E78B-4FF7-ACCF-89E6E936E7AB.png
What about this little spot in Hornsea

anywhere along hornsea front
personally id find somewhere on the south side of there ;) ;)
down torawds the boat launch area ;)

or withernsea north

Alright mate. So this is my plan leave Essex early Saturday go to Hornsea high tide is around 9 ish. But I’m gonna concentrate on fishing the evening/late afternoon through till evening tide. How does that sound. But don’t give me any negativity please cos I’m looking forward to it 😂😂😂😂

Alright mate. So this is my plan leave Essex early Saturday go to Hornsea high tide is around 9 ish. But I’m gonna concentrate on fishing the evening/late afternoon through till evening tide. How does that sound. But don’t give me any negativity please cos I’m looking forward to it 😂😂😂😂

cant see any issues with that idea
wind looks to be westerly. south westerley at the minute, seas should be ok, and hopefully being further north will limit any weed issues that the southern beaches suffer from

im heading up friday night, absolutley no idea where yet though, any wehere from kilnsea to hornsea
will wait for conditions, weather and weed reports before makoing a decision

Good luck Bevo wherever you end up! 🎣🎣👍👍

Bollocks to it I’m driving up north early hours Saturday morning or midnight Friday
Have you tried Orford Ness or Aldeburgh as an option.Much closer than the Holderness Coast.Just over an hours travel time compared to over four and a half hours.

Last edited:
Have you tried Orford Ness or Aldeburgh as an option.Much closer than the Holderness Coast.Just over an hours travel time compared to over four and a half hours.
Never fished it. What’s it fishing like now if it’s any good I’ll go there just wanna get some fish really Just don’t wanna blank. Sick of blanking. If Clacton was fishing alright I’d be down there but it’s been really quiet lately. I’m just looking at the wind for Hornsea Saturday and I’m thinking is it gonna be too windy now. Just don’t wanna go that far and it’s too bad. 😂😂👍🏻👍🏻I think I could be over thinking it now. Lol.

Have you considered the South coast at all?
I'm sure chesil wouldnt be much different distance to withernsea.
Just checked and from my location (diss), Chesil is only about 30 mins extra drive.

Sadly I'm not sure they'd be worth the drive for him, they're fishing very much the same as Essex from what I hear, odd fish coming out, loads of whiting and nothing of much size.

Have you considered the South coast at all?
I'm sure chesil wouldnt be much different distance to withernsea.
Just checked and from my location (diss), Chesil is only about 30 mins extra drive.
I have but cos I spent years living in the Thurrock area and travelling around the M25 and that poxy dartford crossing So I like to stay away from that part of the world now. 😂😢. But I would give it a go. I’d do anything for a half decent cod 😂😂

Back