• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Work /fishing

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hello lads I'm after a bit of advice I've been informed by work I could be working down sarf in a place called stroud for 5 months doing a refurb on a hotel. I've already had a bit of a google search plenty of pubs there with dart boards so sorted for nights out during the week after work. What I'm wanting to know is about fishing the Bristol channel and where to fish it as I'm thinking of taking a day off here and there to give it a go any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance 👍.

Hello lads I'm after a bit of advice I've been informed by work I could be working down sarf in a place called stroud for 5 months doing a refurb on a hotel. I've already had a bit of a google search plenty of pubs there with dart boards so sorted for nights out during the week after work. What I'm wanting to know is about fishing the Bristol channel and where to fish it as I'm thinking of taking a day off here and there to give it a go any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance 👍.
I wouldn’t go fishing.. nightlife in Stroud used to be insane in the nineties..😬

I don’t know all the marks by any means but can give you a steer on a few.
If you don’t mind rocks and strong rides, Battery Point is my favourite up there on neaps. Need studded boots ideally though!

Not my area either, but a good person to ask would be @Si-fly. He fishes the Bristol channel quite a lot I believe.

If it was me, I'd go fish the Welsh side....it's been on fire the last few years, way better than the english side....loads of big blondes, spotted,SE, tope, sole etc etc. Only downside it can be very busy on the top marks.

Guiding would be an excellent way to be shown a few marks, and almost guarantee some nice fish.

Jansen, is the lad from Veals, he's recently moved to South Wales....pm if you want his details.

Gareth Griffiths is another guide that's now full time and catches some fantastic fish for his clients.....he has a YouTube channel as well I believe.

Wayne was also guiding , but has just stopped unfortunately.

If you need any specific info, pm and I may be able to help, although the upper channel and Wales generally aren't my strong point I'm afraid....I'm mid channel, English side 👍

If it was me, I'd go fish the Welsh side....it's been on fire the last few years, way better than the english side....loads of big blondes, spotted,SE, tope, sole etc etc. Only downside it can be very busy on the top marks.

Guiding would be an excellent way to be shown a few marks, and almost guarantee some nice fish.

Jansen, is the lad from Veals, he's recently moved to South Wales....pm if you want his details.

Gareth Griffiths is another guide that's now full time and catches some fantastic fish for his clients.....he has a YouTube channel as well I believe.

If you need any specific info, pm and I may be able to help, although the upper channel and Wales generally aren't my strong point I'm afraid....I'm mid channel, English side 👍
More cod on your side though this year.

Do you think?....Def a few doubles this side and 2-4lb fish showing, but not lots generally....I honestly couldn't say which side is best ....as far less anglers this side, guess it could be better for cod 🤔
just the impression I’ve got, Seems to be really poor this side with quite a few lads crossing the bridge to find them

Thank you. Re Jansen.
Confirmed I've not gone completely senile after looking after this lot on here 🤣

Or you should have been here yesterday!! Grr
It did fish well yesterday 😃..fish just switched on all over!....some stunning captures from lads I know, plenty of pbs....kind of crazy when it goes like that....fresh water as well as salt.....and I'm not joking 👍

Last edited:
just the impression I’ve got, Seems to be really poor this side with quite a few lads crossing the bridge to find them
I honestly don't know, there are a few about if you go looking I guess....I had a half eaten one yesterday on a ray bait, but only 2.5lb or so.

Definitely much better than the previous couple of years I'd say.

I will say it does amaze lads over here, when you guys come over, as to us your side looks sooooo much better 😂👍

I honestly don't know, there are a few about if you go looking I guess....I had a half eaten one yesterday on a ray bait, but only 2.5lb or so.

I will say it does amaze lads over here, when you guys come over, as to us your side looks sooooo much better 😂👍
half eaten and still weighing 2.5lb? must have been a belter :ROFLMAO:

I think @Ollieollie was right "the grass is always greener"

Back