• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Wots yer target

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Now we have hit the doldrums for fishing down ere wits yer targets this year mine are to hit 30 species beach and boat no lrf to fish some new marks there’s a few round here I’m yet to try orso bc and south Devon and to finally get my shore double ideally I’d like to do it off one of me local marks but be happy to get the ball rolling somewhere else to begin with getting a bit of a thing for shore conger atm lost a decent one sat in a comp me thinks certainly felt weighty so Wots your plans beys let’s have ave em

My target is a double figured bass, my dream is a cod from a Sussex beach (far fetched dream!)

My plan is to try to stay away from the usual clipped down rigs with lug at least on one rod and start targeting larger species with appropriate baits.

Another target would be a decent thornie as I’ve not had a ray for ages

A decent hound wouldn’t go amiss!

Also, (sorry tat!) I would like to finally get a few river carp from a river I’ve been watching

To catch my own personal unicorn ? had double figure thornies, blondes and small eyes from bc and east Devon/ Dorset but can I catch a frigging undy, starting to think I’m having me chain yanked they exist. Put plenty of hours in on Chesil for everything bar one of em ?? other than that enjoy my fishing and take in the surroundings a bit more , sometimes we are all guilty of not appreciating what we have around us ?

Mine is dependant on my dog, hopefully it is to just get away as soon as possible in the spring.
I want to spend a couple or three months away in Knoydart. It is the last known wilderness and unless you get a ferry from Mallaig there are no roads connected to the rest of the country to get there.
My plan is to walk in from Fort William. Depending on Turkish' and my own health it would take a week or two to get to Inverie. Plan is then much fishing, chilling and exploring before the ferry to Mallaig and the train back to the car and hoping the solar panel has put enough in the battery to start on the button!??

Immediate targets would be a specimen rockling (I know! ?) and a double huss.
For the year, a double bass is a standing goal of course and it would be nice to see a gilt this year, need to actually go out and target them.

But having to see how I go day by day, week by week at the moment.
Having to rethink a bit about what marks I go to because some of the usual rock marks are proving a bit too much.
It’s not so much walking distance, within reason, but climbing/very uneven ground which fecks me up.
Which doesn’t mean I want to fish out of the boot of my car, but having to think outside the box a bit.

If you want to head up this way in the doldrum months @Tatunka joe i reckon a double eel is a very realistic possibility.
I know you’d like a double down your way but maybe time just to tick it off the list?
You’ll probably get loads down your way then! ?

No real fishing targets - my main target is to hammer on the GP's & NHS desks to get an improvement in my health so as I can get out fishing when the weather improves. Cold air is seriously bad for my chest/breathing, and I hate getting wet.

Amongst other fish, a 3lb black bream and
any weight gilthead and likewise red mullet are top of my list from shore or boat this coming year.

I had an impromptu chat with a young lady on the beach while walking the dog this morning. She and her husband had had both gilthead and red mullet from a spot 300 yards away from where we were talking.

I'd also like to get a bit of rough shooting for pigeons and the odd rabbit, (perhaps best left alone these days). I now live on the Isle of Wight so shooting squirrels is a definite non starter.
Daisy the dog needs a good year ratting as well as she's 12 years old now. So while she is still fit and raring to get at anything with fur on it I'll help her out as much as possible. I know of a chicken farm not so far away that might prove a possibility.
Satisfying her prey instinct on rats might make her a little less aggressive towards the local pitbull population.
Yeah, right.

Things can only get better.

Recently???
Morning
Earlier this week
I had a mega session on the small eyes 11 fish 2x7lbs, 1x6lbs ,2x5lbs rest sub 4lbs all
safety returned . With respect to the peeps who put me on the mark I’d rather hold back the location
So going back to your thread , yes I’ve had my dream outing already!!
Stay lucky
Gray

Looking forward to the summer down here on the Holderness coast for the smooth hound fishing
It will be a hard task to beat your PB Mike?:unsure: Fingers crossed for you though!?

Back