• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Ynyslas

JLD

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Visited Ynyslas this morning. Fished over low and three hours up. Surf forcast wasn't great (0.6m) but when I got there it didn't look too bad so set up with a little bit of optimism. Experience suggested I should do alright. Hmm. Was hoping for a few schoolies, maybe a ray or two. Ended up with two flounder. Both about 20cm. Dont really like catching them as disgorging is a serious pain. Nearly had a seagull but the bstard dropped the bait before I could strike. Although it was quiet on the beach I could see a lot of action going on in the distance. Right from the start I could see gannets and gulls diving which went on the whole time I was there. Close to the horizon to start with but slowly coming closer. Must be a lot of mackerel out there. If only I had a boat.

Well done John on getting out and catching a few fish. Sadly my boats at home at the moment having a bit of a makeover otherwise i would get you out on it (y)

At least you caught mate, write up made good reading.tight lines for next time ??

Well done John on getting out and catching a few fish. Sadly my boats at home at the moment having a bit of a makeover otherwise i would get you out on it (y)
Not to worry. You should take the opportunity to get a little bar and a barbie installed while you're at it.

Better than a blank……

As far as unhooking flatties a mate put me onto the Stonfono disgorger I think it is, looks pretty un special but works a treat on them.

Do you mean the one with the trigger grip ? They have a few on their website.

Back