• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Your fish of the year

So wot was your best fish of the year then beys 2 stood out for me my pb hound of 9lb12oz not massive by hound standards but a specimen down my way it orso won me £75 as we were fishing a comp at the time so close to my first double figure fish . but my personal favourite was my pb red mullet at1lb 2oz from the bridgeing camp stunning looking fish that doesn’t look like it belongs in our waters it orso tasted amazing so wot was your guys favourite fish pics an story’s welcome View attachment 19838View attachment 19837View attachment 19836
Easy answer for me - this 80cm bass taken on a Megabass Flatbacker lure from my local estuary in May. Obviously a veteran fish which probably weighed a lot more than 10lb 8oz in its prime but what a tail!

Attachments

• 00016IMG_00016_BURST20210505104818.jpg
    00016IMG_00016_BURST20210505104818.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 28
View attachment 19908Easy one for me as I haven’t fished a great deal this year, but I’d been chasing a half decent bass for years. And I owe this one to my old mate monsieur peche… cheers mate!!!!!!????
We’ll have to do it again this summer if you’re down this way mate.

I was pleased you got that one that day as it was hard going, despite fishing well the day before.

seeing some nice fish posted above, just another fairly mediocre year for me unfortunately, had a reasonable smutty double of 12lb + at end of may

IMG_4350 by gordon underwood, on Flickr

and a september bass of 6lb plus that wanted to chomp my live bait

20210909_231654 by gordon underwood, on Flickr

Some cracking fish there lads, very well done to you all! ??

For me, it would have to be this brace of bass, not monsters, but memorable as they were 2 of 7 caught in a short early morning session of about 3.5hrs. I woke early listening to the wind howling and the rain hitting the glass, and had that feeling you get when you just know that you have to be at a certain mark as the bass will be in. The wind was up, the surf running, spring tide low, rain horizontal and an electrical storm in the channel as it obscured the dawn. The bass were on the hunt and I couldn’t pump lug fast enough! ACD4A38F-50D1-4139-97B7-CDADD28555A9.jpegAnother bass, another session. My boy wanted us to catch a fish we would be able to eat, but every session we fish only produced eels. The sea was flat calm the whole time we had available to fish. On the final evening we had to fish, it was another eel fest, and I decided to stick the chesties on and wade then cast one rod as far out as I could get it, I turned to the boy and said “I think that’s it mate, these conditions are crap” (it was low, calm and totally flat) when I saw the long rod drop slack. A long and unexciting retrieve where I thought it was another eel saw me beaching this silver bar, which made the boys holiday and gave him a tasty supper. Mission accomplished 1D5999CE-6EFD-41CF-B961-EB3CA0318397.jpeg

Some cracking fish there lads, very well done to you all! ??

For me, it would have to be this brace of bass, not monsters, but memorable as they were 2 of 7 caught in a short early morning session of about 3.5hrs. I woke early listening to the wind howling and the rain hitting the glass, and had that feeling you get when you just know that you have to be at a certain mark as the bass will be in. The wind was up, the surf running, spring tide low, rain horizontal and an electrical storm in the channel as it obscured the dawn. The bass were on the hunt and I couldn’t pump lug fast enough! View attachment 19968Another bass, another session. My boy wanted us to catch a fish we would be able to eat, but every session we fish only produced eels. The sea was flat calm the whole time we had available to fish. On the final evening we had to fish, it was another eel fest, and I decided to stick the chesties on and wade then cast one rod as far out as I could get it, I turned to the boy and said “I think that’s it mate, these conditions are crap” (it was low, calm and totally flat) when I saw the long rod drop slack. A long and unexciting retrieve where I thought it was another eel saw me beaching this silver bar, which made the boys holiday and gave him a tasty supper. Mission accomplished View attachment 19969
Top report!!

Thornback 11lb+, small eye 11lb+, spotted just under 4lb which is a good one for the BC. Sole of 3lb and 3lb1oz, bass 7lb ish, hounds up to 11lb, conger to 18lb, huss to 12lb.The sole and small eye are pb's, so joint best fish for me.

Not done alot of seafishing this year but heres a few from the trip to Ireland.
IMG-20210917-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20210917-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20210918-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210916-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210912-WA0002.jpg

I didnt weigh any of them to be honest but the wrasse must of been between 3lb / 4lb, i dont tend to weigh anything any more, Bass was over 5lb i would guess.
Awww, I like weights!

That wrasse looks over 4 to me, as you’re not holding it out, I don’t think?

Always hard to tell from a photo though

Back