• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

YouTube

DamionFryer

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Not sure if anybody is interested, but I’ve just started a wrasse fishing YouTube channel. It’ll be more instructional rather than me just fishing every week. Thanks

Plan changed, decided to scrap YouTube

Last edited:
Not sure if anybody is interested, but I’ve just started a wrasse fishing YouTube channel. It’ll be more instructional rather than me just fishing every week. Thanks
Nice one Damion - I've hit the button and had a glance. Looks like your videos are quite short so will probably watch them.
Haven't had or spent as much time on Youtube in the last 12 months as I used to, and it gets more difficult to fine the time when some creators have taken to putting up videos of an hour or more long. 👍👍

Not for me thanks Damion.

Nice one Damion, enjoyed the offerings so far. One bit of feedback for you, in the second and the fourth videos you held the lures well back from the camera and it was a little difficult to see detail. (You held them much closer in the third video)
Also, when you hold the lure up to show a feature or detail to camera, could you pause for a couple of seconds so we could get a better look as you literally did a quick show and then continued. I know I can pause the video but I just wanted a second or so more to see it a bit clearer.

Not meant as criticism in any way Damion, as other than those little things I enjoyed the videos and definitely learnt something.

Will

I’ve watched them, but as mentioned they weren’t an easy viewing. All things will improve as you relax and get used to the game. At least you weren’t bouncing around like some sort of loon, which is all too common these days.
Perhaps you can make a video of your fishing exploits, without blowing your marks of course.
I was particularly interested about the nature of the bottom fishing being by far the most successful method. Which will help me have more success and confidence come the spring and summer 👍
Keep up regular content and the use of dark lures was a real eye opener 👍

Nice one Damion, enjoyed the offerings so far. One bit of feedback for you, in the second and the fourth videos you held the lures well back from the camera and it was a little difficult to see detail. (You held them much closer in the third video)
Also, when you hold the lure up to show a feature or detail to camera, could you pause for a couple of seconds so we could get a better look as you literally did a quick show and then continued. I know I can pause the video but I just wanted a second or so more to see it a bit clearer.

Not meant as criticism in any way Damion, as other than those little things I enjoyed the videos and definitely learnt something.

Will
How did you find the audio Will? I found the sound on videos 2 & 4 was very quiet. Even with the laptop volume on 100% I could hardly hear Damion, and my Headphones needed a charge so couldn't try them.

I guess he didn’t get the reaction to his videos that he was hoping for. I actually thought it was quite positive, as three or four people gave good feedback but a couple of people said it wasn’t their cup of tea.
I'm not at all interested in fishing for Wrasse, but I'll give a video a look if it's interesting, especially if it's somebody local.
Damion's Videos are nice & short too, I can dip in and watch them in a couple of minutes. That Texas rig could be used for a lot of species.

I'm not at all interested in fishing for Wrasse, but I'll give a video a look if it's interesting, especially if it's somebody local.
Damion's Videos are nice & short too, I can dip in and watch them in a couple of minutes. That Texas rig could be used for a lot of species.
Do you use horse meat for bait with that rig?
Yee Haa

Back