• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

What happened to TFGear? Rod, Reels and Tackle for Sea Fishing?

Had quite a bit of the TFG stuff, Force 8 rods, Delta rods, Smags, 656ctms, the reels are made by Akios just rebadged for TFG, slight dif specs for the Smags (anodised side plates instead of brass on chrome, but essentially the same reel as the Shuttle) Delta beach rods were superb for the money, one of the best in it's price point (and beyond) had the 14ft versions, can highly recommend. I have/had plenty of the top range stuff, it's never put more fish on the table, TFG good value at sensible price, still use the boots and the beach shelters, suits and fleeces.

Is TFGear anything to do with Matt Hayes?
Matt Hayes was a big part of the setting up of TF Gear and the company was formed to take advantage of the fishing programmes that Matt fronted. Unfortunately, after Fishtec took over TFG, Matt was side-lined from product development and R&D (Possibly because they were cutting costs) and eventually there was a fall out. Matt left TFG/Fishtec in November 2011 and has had nothing to do with them ever since.

Fishtec then closed down at the beginning of 2020 and TFG has now continued as a separate manufacturing company, albeit with a much reduced product range.

Matt Hayes was a big part of the setting up of TF Gear and the company was formed to take advantage of the fishing programmes that Matt fronted. Unfortunately, after Fishtec took over TFG, Matt was side-lined from product development and R&D (Possibly because they were cutting costs) and eventually there was a fall out. Matt left TFG/Fishtec in November 2011 and has had nothing to do with them ever since.

Fishtec then closed down at the beginning of 2020 and TFG has now continued as a separate manufacturing company, albeit with a much reduced product range.
Fishtec are still going online via fleabay. I couldn't stand Matts stupid laugh.

Fishtec are still going online via fleabay. I couldn't stand Matts stupid laugh.
I'm not sure it is. Some of the Fishtec links might take you to eBay but whenever I click on any of the products the seller is now listed as Total Fishing Gear.

More info here:
I couldn't get onto Fishtec on eBay, kept throwing up errors, - TF Gear are still going but no Sea fishing gear.

I got a pair of there estuary rods iv had em 5 years now must admit there nice rods take off the label and you'd think they come from a higher stable, yes there that good, excellent for flounder and bass very very similar to conoflex bass rod
The 14ft Deltas was Magic rod for price

I'm not sure it is. Some of the Fishtec links might take you to eBay but whenever I click on any of the products the seller is now listed as Total Fishing Gear.
You could be right Kine, Also the fly fishing stuff goes to Airflo.

I am not sure but think i have 3 TF Gear boat rods.
They were from Fishtec
Used to get a mag with there sales.

I bought the 3 eight years ago for when i had boat to keep on there rather than carry off and take home, they were much less than £10 each.
Used them quite a bit, have had to replace two end tips/eyes.

Alan Yates was quite involved with them for a good while, not sure whats happened to him these days, top match angler.
Did have a TFG brolly, didnt last very long at all, but have a box seat conversion thing, very happy with that.

Alan Yates was quite involved with them for a good while, not sure whats happened to him these days, top match angler.
Did have a TFG brolly, didnt last very long at all, but have a box seat conversion thing, very happy with that.
Alan Yates was very ill a couple of years ago or so and stopped writing his articles for Sea Angler. Might even be longer than that.....time flies.

Have to say a couple of their big pit reels took a mega hammering and came back for more..... lovely even line lay..... finally the plastic bit on the bale went but it withstood a year on chesil. Its about the only bit of cheap kit I look back on with any affection.

but have a box seat conversion thing,
Is that the green one with the 4 mud feet and extending legs,2 zipped side pockets,front zipped section that drops forward,2 large tackle boxes that slide in and the shoulder straps that zip into the back and convert it into a rucksack.Nice piece of kit.Very comfy seat.Been used on Chesil many times.(y)

This is a while ago as far as I can recall they were v8s

These I think shop around seen them at 40

Back