• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

AFAW Estuary

Yes but we are quite happy to spend that on a decent meal in a restaurant or on decent clothing fishings are hobbie so why not rather have a £200 rod that will get used than a £100 pair of shoes that I might wear 5 or 6 times a year plus like I said it’s so much fun worth every penny imo
I never knew that McD's & B King were that expensive :ROFLMAO:

Can anybody offer advice on these rods please . Ive decided i want to add one of these to the collection . Its gonna be used for a bit of float fishing , bass fishing , bit of mackeral bashing and a bit of pike fishing. I intend to match it with a penn spinfisher 4500 liveliner . Question is 11ft or 12ft ? Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

You are local Reevsey, why don't you give Julian a call in Torquay (01803 213555). He is a top bloke and will answer your questions truthfully. If Julian isn't around, then listen to what Tom has to say.

Nice but expensive fishing rods.

All decent rods are expensive, most of my boat rods are that price and both my SPJ rods are 3 to 4 times that price.

I like rods that are a joy to use and perform as you think they should.

Remember, you are not immortal and there is no point in being the richest man in the cemetery, and thinking about it, you don't see too many hearses towing a trailer ;)

All decent rods are expensive, most of my boat rods are that price and both my SPJ rods are 3 to 4 times that price.

Remember, you are not immortal and there is no point in being the richest man in the cemetery, and thinking about it, you don't see too many hearses towing a trailer ;)
Or a RIB!

At least my kids will get a nice surprise when I go ;)

Why are we discussing estuaries on a sea forum? Surely they are part of the river system
I guess because many estuaries hold Sea fish like Flounder and schoolie Bass, so you're still sea fishing in an estuary.

There are estuaries and there are estuaries BLM! My local estuary is massive (part of Morecambe Bay, which itself is really a network of estuaries) and contains all sorts of fish, some to specimen sizes. These estuaries often hold far better fish than the open sea, hence why we fish them😉

There are estuaries and there are estuaries BLM! My local estuary is massive (part of Morecambe Bay, which itself is really a network of estuaries) and contains all sorts of fish, some to specimen sizes. These estuaries often hold far better fish than the open sea, hence why we fish them😉
I suppose our harbour here is an estuary really, despite the fact the the RN can get 200+ metre ships up most of it.
The rivers Lynher, Tamar an Tavy all flow into it, and a lot of Bass come up through it to Spawn.
True what you say about better fish than the open sea - the British record for shore caught Conger Eel was caught part way up the estuary here too. Caught in 1992 at Devils point, 68.5Lbs!

I guess because many estuaries hold Sea fish like Flounder and schoolie Bass, so you're still sea fishing in an estuary.

Yeah I know, they are full of saltwater fish sometimes.

It was a private joke aimed at a member on here who questioned why I was posting a picture of a freshwater fish on another thread!!

lol, I have told the wife not to sell it for the price I told her it cost :ROFLMAO:
How much did you tell her Ian?

Might be tempted to pop over one day, when you're out! 🤣🤣🤣

If you dont miss the money then why not, I am probably about to buy a some zziplex trinitys simply because I fancy having a go..... and after smashing lead for a few hours Sunday my back was bad Monday.
But.....
Fishing gear comes and goes in this house, you buy mint second hand and look after it then its not too painful selling it if it does not work for you.
I reckon I have a fair bit of gear but I had a bit of a clear out last year and got a couple of grand back. Most I made small losses but then I bought four reels off a bloke in 2016 for 750 and just sold them for 1900 (technium xtas) so that wiped out my losses.
The money does not mean a lot to me, but having nice gear just makes sense in my head.

Back