• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Any ideas?

The ones I have seen Joe are like hard lures.

The ones I have seen Joe are like hard lures.

Im starting to be interested in lure fishing as the simplicity of it . You dont need any bait just a pocketfull of lures ect . I would say its the least evil technique aswell if your throwing them back aswell . P.s with Barbless hooks (y)

Forgot to attach the photo!
Curious looking thing! I wish there was a way to attach photos to Youtube because some of the USA guys I follow would probably know.

EDIT: I've had a quick look through my Youtube subs and one Guy - JC - has an email address and fishes for Largemouth Bass amongst other things so have sent him an email with the photo. No guarantee he'll reply!

Also, having enlarged the image, that black ball rattle thing looks as if it has been fitted afterwards - it may not have been on the original lure from new. I'll get back to you if I get a reply. ??

Last edited:
Curious looking thing! I wish there was a way to attach photos to Youtube because some of the USA guys I follow would probably know.

EDIT: I've had a quick look through my Youtube subs and one Guy - JC - has an email address and fishes for Largemouth Bass amongst other things so have sent him an email with the photo. No guarantee he'll reply!

Also, having enlarged the image, that black ball rattle thing looks as if it has been fitted afterwards - it may not have been on the original lure from new. I'll get back to you if I get a reply. ??
Appreciated mate! Without any feathers or anything on it I just cannot see that it would attract anything.......
I understand that is how my brother in law bought it new from a tackle shop in USA when they were on holiday.

Appreciated mate! Without any feathers or anything on it I just cannot see that it would attract anything.......
I understand that is how my brother in law bought it new from a tackle shop in USA when they were on holiday.
I doubt it's meant to be used as it is. I'd assume it would be dressed with at least a jelly worm or something

Actually Joe, I just squeezed it to see but no there isn’t a battery.......but it does rattle quite well so I reckon that’s it’s job. Why glass / plastic though, I don’t know.
A n easily breakable glass vial within mixes the chemicals to produce the light.
I've often thought of trying one of the small rod tip ones on a float. However, it's no use in the winter as: when the temperature approaches freezing the chemical reaction producing the light, ceases.

Oops, I maY be answering the wrong question..?

A n easily breakable glass vial within mixes the chemicals to produce the light.
I've often thought of trying one of the small rod tip ones on a float. However, it's no use in the winter as: when the temperature approaches freezing the chemical reaction producing the light, ceases.

Oops, I maY be answering the wrong question..?
I think it’s too small for one of those chemical lights to be contained within, Pigtin.
I have used them on my rod tips when Winter fishing in the past so I reckon you would be ok sticking one on your float unless your fishing in Arctic temperatures.

You can get battery operated ones, made in China o_O

@Goatfish. Have you checked thelink in my last post? They are part of a kit
I missed that Valleyboy but have now had a look......all explained, thanks very much.
I assume my brother in law was fishing it without the skirt, no wonder he didn’t catch!
I will have a word with him just in case he has the missing component.....

Back