• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Bib & Brace - Century v VASS

meirion658

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Afternoon all

Looking to get a new bib & brace.

I have looked at the century and the Vass 175 one. All I want is something that will keep me relatively dry and keep off some of the wind chill off me but also something that is easy to clean and wipe down as I’m fed up of getting back in the car with my trousers stinking of bait and all sorts!!

I have tried both on and both have advantages & disadvantages.

Century - Quality as with all their items, pockets and a chest zip for when nature calls and when it gets a bit to warm.
VASS - Quality and looks slightly easier to clean rip easy??

Any one got any opinions on them please ?

Afternoon all

Looking to get a new bib & brace.

I have looked at the century and the Vass 175 one. All I want is something that will keep me relatively dry and keep off some of the wind chill off me but also something that is easy to clean and wipe down as I’m fed up of getting back in the car with my trousers stinking of bait and all sorts!!

I have tried both on and both have advantages & disadvantages.

Century - Quality as with all their items, pockets and a chest zip for when nature calls and when it gets a bit to warm.
VASS - Quality and looks slightly easier to clean rip easy??

Any one got any opinions on them please ?
A small bucket of sea water and a piece of towel to wash your hands instead of using trousers.

This may sound a daft question, but will you be sitting on a box or chair, or will you be sitting on the ground? Only asking as I've got the Vass 175 summer and winter (lined) versions, both great bits of kit, but they're not very thick material and can puncture easily if your abit weighty and sit on stones or rough rocks (mine haven't as I've been careful, but got warned of this while buying them from the shop staff as one of them had pin holes in his from sitting on rough rocks).

Never seen the century stuff so can't compare them myself. But I will say that I've never had a problem with the Vass ones I've got and can't say I've ever had any leaks in either of them (both sets are bib and brace with a smock). Mine are approximately 5-7 years old at a guess, were used heavily for a few years (fishing twice a week minimum) but haven't been used alot in the past couple of years.

I have the Vass 175 Winter bib n Braces and Smock, good bits of kit, as has been said, not the thickest material, but at my age i sit on my seat box, so no problem with accidental tears if sitting on the beach itself.. No experience of the Century NG Team gear, but being Century it would be good kit. (y)

Ian.

I must add that I also have the Imax Thermo bib n brace and jacket, also good kit, and thicker material than Vass 175 gear. May be worth a look.(y)

Ian.

Got guy cotton bib and brace only had it since September when fishing chesil, seems pretty good easy to clean

Bought a pair of Century in end, they felt more comfortable on look like they will last
Don't think you will be disappointed mate, did you just get the bib n brace, no jacket ?

Ian.

Back