• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Bib & Brace - Century v VASS

That’s what my mate wears. Excellent, but can make you sweat a bit. I’ve yet to see a decent outfit made by fishing clothing manufacturers. I use Gill sailing wear, the jacket is over ten years old now, but I’m on my second bib n brace. I wore the outer layer of the knees out, kneeling down on hard surfaces and the inner lower leg started to wear as they brushed together on long walks. I still use them when I’m helping mates do gardening work and it’s wet. I bought some titan stuff a good few years ago when everyone was raving about them. That turned out to be a major disappointment.

That’s what my mate wears. Excellent, but can make you sweat a bit. I’ve yet to see a decent outfit made by fishing clothing manufacturers. I use Gill sailing wear, the jacket is over ten years old now, but I’m on my second bib n brace. I wore the outer layer of the knees out, kneeling down on hard surfaces and the inner lower leg started to wear as they brushed together on long walks. I still use them when I’m helping mates do gardening work and it’s wet. I bought some titan stuff a good few years ago when everyone was raving about them. That turned out to be a major disappointment.
Couldn't agree more.
I now wear musto hpx or mpx most of the time and the guy cottens when it's monsoon or when boating.
The so called waterproofs sold by tackle manufacturers is a disgrace.
Not fit for purpose.
(In most cases)

I’m new on this forum and a returner, so watching this for the future. Presently using my old MUSTO offshore Goretex bib n’brace for fishing. Had these for boating but no longer have a boat so using them, and the related jacket, for fishing. Its total overkill at their cost these days but i’ve had them almost twenty years (got them as seconds for a decent price) - and I may as well get as much use out of them as I can before they leak and fall apart.

I’m new on this forum and a returner, so watching this for the future. Presently using my old MUSTO offshore Goretex bib n’brace for fishing. Had these for boating but no longer have a boat so using them, and the related jacket, for fishing. Its total overkill at their cost these days but i’ve had them almost twenty years (got them as seconds for a decent price) - and I may as well get as much use out of them as I can before they leak and fall apart.
Maybe old but still better than 99% of the tat being sold by the tackle trade.

Back