• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Biggest Fish Caught

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
So what's the biggest fish you have ever caught either Shore or from a Boat.
Mine in BC Canada: a 123lb Sturgeon, 64lb King Salmon both shore from the river.
Boat: a 138lb Halibut, agressive bstards.
In the Person Gulf a 9ft Tiger Shark from a boat.

Forgot to put a 164lb Marlin and a 7lb Barracuda in the Caribbean

Last edited:
Not as big as that from the sea those are monsters !!

Fishing UK shore, had 5 species over the 10lbs double mark .
Pollock 11lbs
Conger 12lbs
Thorny 14lbs
Smoothound 14/15lbs
Bullhuss 18lbs
Boat fishing as havnt done much would be a smoothound of 8lbs and a cod of 5lbs .

Not as big as that from the sea those are monsters !!

Fishing UK shore, had 5 species over the 10lbs double mark .
Pollock 11lbs
Conger 12lbs
Thorny 14lbs
Smoothound 14/15lbs
Bullhuss 18lbs
Boat fishing as havnt done much would be a smoothound of 8lbs and a cod of 5lbs .
18 lb Huss is a beast top man ???unfortunately I’ve still to get a shore double best from boat 16 lb pollock 161/2 lb undulate ray and a 20 + conger piss poor in Comparison to some of these beasts

18 lb Huss is a beast top man ???unfortunately I’ve still to get a shore double best from boat 16 lb pollock 161/2 lb undulate ray and a 20 + conger piss poor in Comparison to some of these beasts
Cheers. Just realised I made mistake, I lied, put uk , but the pollock congey and huss were from Ireland ?? . Hounds and rays just local kent... can only catch what's there mate .
In terms of quality and variety you have had much more from seeing your reports. Weight isn't everything .

from boat when younger a lot cod 23.2oz boat over the last few years tope 35 +lb huss 20 lb hounds 20 lb rays
shore in last few years rays 25 lb huss 13 lb hounds 17 lb little bass 6 lb cod 9lb eel 9 lb most in north wales

Those are some stunning fish, I bet many happy memories.

I am surprised, but not surprised at how few double figure bass are listed so far.

Back