• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Biggest Fish Caught

UK shore: cod 12Lbs 8ozs
UK boat: tope 40+Lbs estimated
Norway shore :cod 21Lbs something
Kenya boat: sailfish 70Lbs estimated

The most memorable was my UK shore caught cod.
2010 was a bleak season for me.
All my friends had been catching but I just couldn't catch one.
Then finally, just days before my first ever trip to Norway, I managed 3. 7pounds, 12-8 and a tiddler of 12ozs

So mine are not the monsters, but very memorable.

7.5 lb thick lip mullet
10lb undilate ray
13lb smooth hound
86 cm bass
8lb tiger fish africa
4lb rainbow trout africa
9 lb large mouth bass africa

Best ever season on bass on lures was 6 , 8, 10lb bass in a hour, with 11 fish rest being 45cm mark.

Those are some stunning fish, I bet many happy memories.

I am surprised, but not surprised at how few double figure bass are listed so far.
Maybe because it is catch and release at the mo.

Cod 12lb10oz (chesil)
Bass 16lb+ (BC)
Undulate Ray 18lb1oz (chesil)
Plaice 4lb (chesil)
Black bream 2lb13oz (chesil)
Smooth hound 15lb10oz (BC)
Sole 3lb1oz (BC)
Conger 35lb+ (BC)
Whiting 3lb10oz (BC) 2lb15oz (chesil)
Thornback 14lb10oz (BC)
Small eyed 11lb2oz (chesil)
Spotted Ray 4lb8oz (BC)

The only ones I'm likely to better is smoothound or blonde Ray which is only 8lb. Hooked a few chesil snakes that I've been unable to land on my own that could of gone above 40lb, so probably my biggest sea fish (all shore caught).

Cod 12lb10oz (chesil)
Bass 16lb+ (BC)
Undulate Ray 18lb1oz (chesil)
Plaice 4lb (chesil)
Black bream 2lb13oz (chesil)
Smooth hound 15lb10oz (BC)
Sole 3lb1oz (BC)
Conger 35lb+ (BC)
Whiting 3lb10oz (BC) 2lb15oz (chesil)
Thornback 14lb10oz (BC)
Small eyed 11lb2oz (chesil)
Spotted Ray 4lb8oz (BC)

The only ones I'm likely to better is smoothound or blonde Ray which is only 8lb. Hooked a few chesil snakes that I've been unable to land on my own that could of gone above 40lb, so probably my biggest sea fish (all shore caught).
Some brilliant fish there mate!!! I've always thought there's shore record beating conger around,it's just landing the buggers!!!

Having listed the above, I don’t personally see size as a fishing achievement, apart from the Norway fish. The cod was a beast in any language and the halibut was a pb albeit modest by their standards.

I’d have swapped that big eel for a 12lb huss in a heartbeat and that tope for a 3lb trigger any day.
Was actually fishing for triggers with the other rod (had a couple) when I hooked that tope.

Back