• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Boat fishing rod for starting up?

Morning all
Sorry, not been on in a while.
Was bidding on one on fleabay but got pipped in last 5 seconds and my internet was too slow to counterbid!

I'm in no rush for a boat rod, won't be getting out afloat until summer.

Definitely, definitely, 100% going somewhere (beach) next Monday though. It's been too long 🤞😁

(Just sold my Honda Jazz, so all the gear will have to somehow squeeze in the Micra. 12ft/2 piece rods will go in somehow...)

Morning all
Was bidding on one on fleabay but got pipped in last 5 seconds and my internet was too slow to counterbid!

Definitely, definitely, 100% going somewhere (beach) next Monday though. It's been too long 🤞😁

(Just sold my Honda Jazz, so all the gear will have to somehow squeeze in the Micra. 12ft/2 piece rods will go in somehow...)
Can you get a set of roof bars??

Or, a couple of 3-piece rods.
Might work out a bit cheaper and I know I'll get to the shore with my rods not having blown off the roof on the M62 😬

Morning all

They do fit, I had one as a courtesy car in 1997 and got an old pair of daiwa amorphous 12.5fts in there along with my mate who was a linebacker for smu and a dog...... we went to dungie and bagged up on cods.
One of my favourite sessions of all time.

They do fit, I had one as a courtesy car in 1997 and got an old pair of daiwa amorphous 12.5fts in there along with my mate who was a linebacker for smu and a dog...... we went to dungie and bagged up on cods.
One of my favourite sessions of all time.
i can imagine the smell on the way home pete

i can imagine the smell on the way home pete
The trip home was nearly fatal....... as everyone knows the fastest car in the world is a courtesy or rental car.... so I came off Dungeness flat out and completely forgot a tight left hand turn junction and ignored the fact this it was a few degrees below...... anyway we had at least one wheel off the ground as just about made the turn... if we had crashed it would have been a mess. 42 stone of blokes, two boxes, a dozen cods, rods and a dog in a micra.
I remember that session so well its as if it was yesterday, off the 1000s of trips I have done over 40 years some are just classics.

Back