• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Boat fixed spool

Heritage site or something. Opps, sorry for taking the thread off topic.

Despite not being a fan of FS reels I bought a Penn Wrath 4000 last year for a light rod I've got.
It's lovely to look at, lovely to feel and lovely to cast and fish with, if you can get over the fact that it has no reverse which is a PITA.

I'll never buy another FS reel with no reverse ever again because until I hadn't got it I didn't realise how much I used it.

And I don't use FS reels very often.

Despite not being a fan of FS reels I bought a Penn Wrath 4000 last year for a light rod I've got.
It's lovely to look at, lovely to feel and lovely to cast and fish with, if you can get over the fact that it has no reverse which is a PITA.

I'll never buy another FS reel with no reverse ever again because until I hadn't got it I didn't realise how much I used it.

And I don't use FS reels very often.
Interesting info Ian. I've never seen a F/S reel without reverse. None of the retailers mention that, nor the Youtube reviews I watched when the Wrath first came out, but having looked at many pictures of the reel, I see you're right.

What does annoy me with a lot of tackle is the ridiculous price difference between UK & USA. The few reviews I saw on Youtube, the reviwers were paying $29.95 for them on Amazon - £22.76 at current exchange rates, VMO's current price - £45, and they are about the same price on eBay new.

Know it well! The two stores at Liskeard & Newton Abbot are about the same distance from us, so usually flip a coin as to which one we visit! I think the Liskeard one was a gunpowder mill before it became Trago, many years ago.
Did it blow the bloody doors off? - sorry couldn't resist. ;):oops:

If you use one in Norway we’re calling you gay!

Last edited:
Back