• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Branscombe Devon

fish or no fish
The Container Ship MSC Napoli was shipwrecked off there in 2007.Hundreds turned up to claim salvage.Many a BMW Bike was pushed up the road along with other stuff.Until the Authorities turned up and put a stop to it.Quite a few happy people at the time who got away with whatever they could carry.

The Container Ship MSC Napoli was shipwrecked off there in 2007.Hundreds turned up to claim salvage.Many a BMW Bike was pushed up the road along with other stuff.Until the Authorities turned up and put a stop to it.Quite a few happy people at the time who got away with whatever they could carry.
Thieving sods.

Napoli was a shit show there where peeps comeing down from Manchester to get wot they chould from the containers motor bikes don’t know wot yer talking about 🤔 the clear up took yrs and the beach has never really been the same last year it fished well this years been dire but without doubt the prettiest beach in east Devon and the best hound mark along our coast altho another beach nearby seems to be fishing it’s nuts off compared to Seaton and branscome this year and a beach I vowed never to return to but might have to change my mind if recent catch reports from it keep comeing 🤔

Surprising what was found in the front of a load of kayaks n all thought they used something else for buoyancy 🤔😂. Always enjoy Branscombe but again fishing is either boom or bust there. Had some great evenings on the hounds in the past over low water but numbers dropped off past years. Instead a long walk in order now and a killer return lol.

Me personally none but I know of one or two that may or may not be still around 😏
When the Americans were rehearsing for the D-Day landings locally at Slapton, there were rumours for years that they couldn't take all of their equipment & vehicles with them after WW2, so there are supposed to be WW2 Jeeps and crated new Harley Davidson's buried somewhere nearby, but nobody has ever actually admitted to finding them.

When the Americans were rehearsing for the D-Day landings locally at Slapton, there were rumours for years that they couldn't take all of their equipment & vehicles with them after WW2, so there are supposed to be WW2 Jeeps and crated new Harley Davidson's buried somewhere nearby, but nobody has ever actually admitted to finding them.
That was at Dunkerswell bey

That was at Dunkerswell bey
No idea 'bout Dunkerswell Tats, but that was the story going around Slapton & Kingsbridge when I were a lad.
Did they ever find owt at Dunkerswell?

Have done a bit of Googling, and it seems there are many similar stories from Slapton, Bovey Tracey, Exeter & Dunkerswell.

Last edited:
No idea 'bout Dunkerswell Tats, but that was the story going around Slapton & Kingsbridge when I were a lad.
Slapton was the place where the yanks practiced beach landings.. I found a 1940’s gas mask and bullets on the beach in my childhood..about the same time as the Sherman tank was recovered.

It can be chocka with smoothies on occasion at this time of the year and going forward.

Back