• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Cheap Headlamp

Dutchman

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
I need a headlamp, i do not need nothing dear, as the one i got now is one of them cheapoe's from Aldi, but is not good enough.
Daughter has asked if anything i want for Christmas off kids for around £25.
I don't use that often.
I know many of you pay £'s for one, but is there anything i can get for that price.

I need a headlamp, i do not need nothing dear, as the one i got now is one of them cheapoe's from Aldi, but is not good enough.
I don't use that often.
I know many of you pay £'s for one, but is there anything i can get for that price.
Plenty to choose from on Amazon at less than that

I don't use that often.
Big Candle? Should have enough for two as a spare!

Nightcore nu25...£29. HenryGilbey recommends this brand.
Not seen their headlight, but their battery chargers are top quality. Somebody recommended one to me a few years ago for my digital camera batteries, and it now also charges the batteries for my Olight headlight if needed. 👍👍

Must admit..savage gear this..savage gear that...dont really wanna think that way d I liked his programs but ..you do have a point
Wondering how long Mr Gilbey will remain with Savage Gear since they've now been taken over by Pure Fishing (Abu, Penn, Shakespeare etc.)

Wondering how long Mr Gilbey will remain with Savage Gear since they've now been taken over by Pure Fishing (Abu, Penn, Shakespeare etc.)
Hopefully a long time, they ruined every other brand so maybe he can guide them the right way,

Do you use your headlight a lot Dutch or is it just for the odd few hours on a relatively easy access beach after dark?

Do you use your headlight a lot Dutch or is it just for the odd few hours on a relatively easy access beach after dark?
Not a lot.
Yes easy access.

I mainly go after tea when at caravan, so may use for just when loosing light and feel like last few casts.

But a Q recently about where i fish and Whiting informs that they are there after dark, so may try.

All in all it is just the odd few hours rather than a session every night

Last edited:
Not a lot.
Yes easy access.

I mainly go after tea when at caravan, so may use for just when loosing light and feel like last few casts.

But a Q recently about where i fish and Whiting informs that they are there after dark, so may try.

All in all it is just the odd few hours rather than a session every night
Fair one. Reason I asked is if it’s easy access and you just need a few hours, not climbing over rocks or needing to land fish at tricky marks in big swell, just get a cheapy from Amazon or wherever.

My recent ‘red light’ thread saw me buy two cheapies for about £18 and although I wanted the red setting specifically, and as dim as possible, the white light settings are pretty bright and more than adequate to fish with.

I’ll post the link for that one in a sec, but there’s multiple cheapy lights on there for that money, pick what best suits you.
Also usb chargeable which saves mucking around with batteries too.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully accept it’s a cheapy and might only last a year or two. It will never be my main light and certainly wouldn’t trust it when clambering around on rocks, but for a couple of hours after dark on an easy beach, it will do everything you need it to do.

Back