• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Clipped running ledger?

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I am have made some clipped up running ledger rigs but they are tangling.
I am using 70lb rig body, 50lb snood.betwen the beads is a swivel with an imp for the lead and bait clip. I have a short section of neoprene tubing on the start of the snood.
Last night it came back in a few times with the snood granny knotted around the gripper.

Anybody tie anything that works reasonably tangle free?

I very rarely get tangles with that rig.
Mine are made with 60 lb or 80 lb rig body and snood, no tubing and usually a 6 Oz lead. I fish them from clean sand to kelp and rocks, snood lengths from 1ft to 6ft.
The only times it would tangle are in very turbulent water like fishing in the surf on a beach or really close in with waves crashing over the top of the rig.

Where are you fishing?
What sort of grounds/tidal flow?
How long is the rig?

I very rarely get tangles with that rig.
Mine are made with 60 lb or 80 lb rig body and snood, no tubing and usually a 6 Oz lead. I fish them from clean sand to kelp and rocks, snood lengths from 1ft to 6ft.
The only times it would tangle are in very turbulent water like fishing in the surf on a beach or really close in with waves crashing over the top of the rig.

Where are you fishing?
What sort of grounds/tidal flow?
How long is the rig?
Last night was in a bay on to sand, no massive tide pull. Snood is about 2ft, tied them short.

Last edited:
Give it time to settle once it hits the water I use 2 ft main body and 4 ft trace and don’t get problems very often unless rough weather or maybe the neoprene is not letting it flow properly try one without mate

Give it time to settle once it hits the water I use 2 ft main body and 4 ft trace and don’t get problems very often unless rough weather or maybe the neoprene is not letting it flow properly try one without mate
It was tangling before I put it on to see if it would help. It is on the snood side.

Not a clipped running ledger, but Mark WIlliams has put up some good rig tutorials recently, including this clipped down wishbone rig for Flounder & Plaice. Might be of interest to someone.

Saw it pop up tramps, not watched it yet.
He's put another one up for a loop rig 30mins ago! He's been a busy boy over Christmas! ??

Must have been as he hadn't put anything up for a couple of months.
He's ex- RN and still works for them as a civvy I believe. Think work got busy and then he caught a pretty bad dose of Covid.

Back