• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Clipped running ledger?

Could the tubing be making it to stiff ? so stopping it from flexing .if I was you I'd tie a couple of rigs without using the tubing & see what happens mate

Could the tubing be making it to stiff ? so stopping it from flexing .if I was you I'd tie a couple of rigs without using the tubing & see what happens mate
It is the gemini neoprene rig tubing. I put it on to try and stop the tangles I was getting without it.

The way I tie mine is...
Gemini clip tied to 2 ft of 80lb sakuma, slide on a bead, a swivel with an imp on it, then another bead and then tie a swivel on the end. To that swivel I tie 4ft of 80lb sakuma and tie a hook on the end.
It's how I've always tied mine and as I say, never had problems.

Probably a daft idea, but have you tried clipping it up and dropping it on the floor holding the Gemini clip in your hand to see if the line is holding memory and causing tangles?

The way I tie mine is...
Gemini clip tied to 2 ft of 80lb sakuma, slide on a bead, a swivel with an imp on it, then another bead and then tie a swivel on the end. To that swivel I tie 4ft of 80lb sakuma and tie a hook on the end.
It's how I've always tied mine and as I say, never had problems.

Probably a daft idea, but have you tried clipping it up and dropping it on the floor holding the Gemini clip in your hand to see if the line is holding memory and causing tangles?
Not a daft idea at all Craig I will give that a go.

The only other thing was that they were unclipping in flight sometimes, couldn't see if that was still happening in the dark.

I use thick mono hook lengths for running ledgers,amnesia or cheap commercial line! Clip running ledger no point!!! If you want it clipped use a pulley!

Back